Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
$127
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$127
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Traveluro
$124
Priceline$127
Hotels.com$127
travelup.com$147
All reviews front desk nice room buck owens crystal palace an overnight stay easy access kal freeway couch
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Only a place to stop over in the town of Bakersfield, on your way to/from the Bay Area or Sacramento and LA if you are too tired to drive. The rooms are very spacious yet pretty basic and a little dated. Bathroom is also good with basic amenities provided. The crowd at the hotel is not going to be ideal either, plus they have put out signs indicating various forms of threats, that make u feel really uncomfortable. Breakfast had plenty options i.e. waffles, omelettes, scrambled eggs, white & brown bread, bagels, cinnamon rolls, cereal, fruits & variety of juices, coffees etc.
Parking is seperate and fenced, yet u may see an odd car/person lurking in the lot, acting weirdly. Do not leave any bait in the car, & hopefully you dont drive in a big fancy car to stay overnight.
Staff was shoddy as they charged me more, since I booked a members rate online and despite knowing and seeing that they charged me extra, which I had to call and get corrected. Shady place, stay safe!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Hello asherani,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your candid review. I am happy to see your positive feedback about our rooms being spacious and breakfast with a lot of options. On the downside I am sorry to hear that you find our room outdated and the level of service received fell below your expectations. Your comments will only make us work together in improving our services.

Even though your stay was not spotless, we hope that your future trips will give us an opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Best,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Very nice experience. The staff went well above to help us back our trailer into a tight space. The property was update and clean. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. We would definitely recommend staying at this location.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this Inn May 23 25 and 25 2019. The room was clean and well kept. When we asked for a refrigerator because I am a diabetic they made sure one was put in our room. The beds were comfortable..the TV worked nicely and the desk people were very courteous and friendly and helpful. My many thanks to Miss Catherine who went out of her way to make sure we were happy with our accommodations. We also ate in their cafe and it was also really good. Wait staff Esmie was very kind and nice as well. We will most definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2019

The room was comfortable. The staff was very accommodating from the check in to the breakfast to housekeeping. We needed a late check out - no problem. Just makes any stay better when the staff is so helpful

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

This place is just across the street from the Buck Owens Crystal Palace. Check in was fast and friendly. I requested an early check in and my room was ready when we arrived. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. There is ample well lit parking. They are Motorcycle friendly! There is some road noise from Highway 99 which is right behind the hotel. Breakfast was good and the breakfast area was nice (NO FOX FAKE NEWS on the TV) and well stocked.
I will stay here again when in Bakersfield for a show at the Crystal Palace.

Date of stay: May 2019