Lowest prices for your stay
$127
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
HIExpress.com
$127
Free cancellation until 10/31/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$124
Priceline$127
Hotels.com$127
travelup.com$147
All reviews front desk nice room buck owens crystal palace an overnight stay easy access kal freeway couch
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018

The lodging is basic, clean and friendly employees. The neighborhood is terrible just on a huge parking ground. Just OK for a night stop over. But I have to give a poor rating due to the unacceptable waste- I didn't even know this could still exist in 2018! ALL the breakfast ustensiles are none recyclable ( all styrofoam cups, platters even bowls,...) and everything is single use. No care or even an attempt of an ecological effort or waste reducing. The waste is unreal and no recycle bin of course either. Waste, waste waste - unexceptable now days. There are biodegradable solutions. Cheap hotels should also show a little involvement in environmental issues.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Guide452660
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Hi Guide452660!

We hear your concern for the environment and we want to ensure that our hotels have a positive impact on the lives of all people. This is what our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone is all about. I will share your comments with the team and I know these will help them to do business responsibly. I'm glad you found our staff accommodating and the room spotless. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,

Anna R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed December 12, 2018

Very large rooms and great service from all staff. Breakfast was excellent, but the negative is the area. Within walking distance is a strip club and a lot of homeless roaming around did not make us feel safe about leaving anything in our vehicle. Good for a short 1 or 2 night stay though.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Hi M7968FFmichaelb,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found the room and staff service very well to your liking. I am sorry our location did not exceed your expectations. We strive to ensure we provide our guests with clean, comfortable, and friendly accommodations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

Our daughter started here for WBA championship weekend. The event was then cancelled.
Kal went out of his way to make sure our children were taken care of, and had things to do. He also made sure their needs were met and went above and beyond.
We need more managers liek Kal in the hotel industry.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2018

We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn on Buck Owens Blvd, at Bakersfield. The check-in was a breeze. In fact, it was the fastest check-in of any hotel, in which I have stayed. As soon as they found my reservation, they just handed me the keycard to our room.
The room was very spacious, and so was the bathroom. It was on the fourth floor on the quiet side of the hotel, as I had requested (part of the hotel faces the busy highway and I suspect the rooms may be a little noisy).

The staff was polite and courteous.

The WiFi worked well. The breakfast included hot scrambled eggs, great beacon, and fresh fruits.

My only negative comment is about the price of the room, which for a Holiday Inn was very high.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2018

The hotel was a little dated, but kept nice and clean. The Staff were friendly and gave us complimentary bottled water. Our room was of the old style, but it was fine. It was clean, spacious and It had a kitchenette and nice bathroom.
It had a swimming pool at the rear. Safe gated car park. Our room looked out to the main road, we thought it may be noisy, but it wasn’t an issue. Breakfast was good. Well stocked and again clean tables etc.

Date of stay: October 2018