WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Nashville, Tennessee
“Kal's Palace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was passing through Bakersfield for work and had to stay a few nights there. I honestly did not expect much. I was quickly introduced to Kal at the front desk. He was jovial and had quite the sense of humour. After a couple of night's stay I randomly mentioned the tub was not draining quickly and he was annoyed (in a good way) I did not tell him sooner. It was promptly fixed that day. I have a low tolerance for unkept hotels and this one was always clean with great amenities. A type of place you could walk around comfortably barefoot. The beds are clean and cozy with nice comforters. You actually go to bed in comfort and not feeling sketchy second guessing where you are sleeping.

It is rare making friends with the hotel staff but everyone here was exceptional. I kept running into the same woman of the cleaning staff and we would exchange quick greetings every morning and she was always friendly. Mike at the front desk was always accommodating regardless of the time. Oddly enough, I was sad to leave this place, so much that on my way back home I made a stop to say hello again and was greeted with the same welcoming attitudes. It is a shame this place is not closer to home otherwise I would pop in more often! I honestly will miss this hotel and more so the people there. Thank you Kal Palace for everything!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stopped in for a few nights to visit family and was greeted by the nicest man at the front desk. Turns out he was the hotel owner! Kal made sure my stay was so comfortable that I actually extended my time an extra night!

Cleaning staff was polite and efficient as was every single front desk attendant. I was always offered a bottle of water when I walked in and had a great time relaxing by their back pool.

I WILL stay here again no doubt about that. I urge anyone else to as well!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

After staying in some not so great but expensive hotels, this was a refreshing treat. From the moment we entered we knew we would enjoy our stay. Room was Big and Comfortable. Bathroom was roomy and well stocked and clean. Breakfast was more than accommodating for all different taste buds. Price was very reasonable. We did not have time to use the pool. We would definitely stay here again if we ever pass through.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bermuda Dunes, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice express, the housekeeping staff is very efficient and the hotel shows it. The fridge and microwave on the little bar with a sink and an actual place for the coffee pot were great! Would have liked a night light of some sort in the bathroom as the door has to be propped open or closed and it is ackward in the dark. All in all a good value.

Room Tip: A room on the front side of the hotel does not get the freeway noise!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

This place is really nice for an express, entry way is gorgeous. The staff is excellent, helpful especially Cal.Great guy and willing to do anything for a guest. Anytime I'm in Bakersfield this will be my home. Close to a couple great places to eat. Check out hungry hunter if I can recall correctly amazing lamb.

Stayed July 2014
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I really liked this place. We got a warm reception at our very early morning arrival. The beds are big and comfortable with lots of pillows and I like that the room included a sink, fridge and microwave at the in-room bar. We picked this place because it was halfway between LA and Sequoia National Park without the LA prices. The continental breakfast was ok, but I never expect much from a free breakfast so I wasn't disappointed. It included your usual eggs, toast, cereal, milk, cinnamon buns etc. The rooms were clean and large and the staff was friendly and helpful. I'd come back :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Porterville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed 7 days and it was a great experience. We used their meeting room and worked 12 hour days. Management and staff were great, always making sure we had everything we needed. Loved the hotel room, it was so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melissa G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank You for taking the time our of your busy day to leave such a generous review about our property. We enjoyed having you as well and we look forward to seeing you ladies again soon!