“Best Holiday Inn Express ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
Ranked #7 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Detroit
“Best Holiday Inn Express ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

I have discovered Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central by accident looking to find accommodation for my team of software developers that were working on a local job site.
We did not stay only couple nights, we stayed in Bakersfield six months, from October 2010 till end of March 2011 and this was by far the best Holiday Inn Express we have ever stayed in.
This hotel is new, it has very nice hall with circular staircase that gives impression of more upscale hotel than standard Holiday Inn Express.
Hotel was built with eco friendly design in mind, equipped with wall switches that will turn off lights if there is no one in the room, bathrooms with water tap that has temperature regulator, with overhead shower, but with additional 6 body massage nozzles built into wall as well, definitely not a standard Holiday Inn Express!
Besides all of that probably the biggest secret of this hotel is its management. Hotel manager Kal and his staff, Stefanie and Melissa were wonderful hosts, there was not a thing they would not do for us. We would have “our” rooms even when we would go in and out based on rotation schedule Kal made sure that our rooms are waiting us on return. If we needed they would drive us to or from the airport or bus station.
After long days on job site Kal would often arrange that a bottle of beer and some food is waiting for us, pizza, Mexican, hot dogs, … never had any of us experiences more friendly management in any hotel we have stayed.
At the end we had wonderful hotel experience and company saved some big $$$ as hotel gave us great corporate rate.
If you are planning to stay somewhere in Bakersfield, don’t miss this Holiday Inn, you cannot be wrong with this choice.

Kal, Melissa

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dusan011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

After a long day on the road, my wife and I had an unfortunate experience when our original hotel (Days Inn- Bakersfield), which is grossly misrepresented, had a weapon between the matresses. After working with Expedia they moved us to this Holiday Inn Express in Bakersfield. The hotel was very willing to help us, very clean, maintained rooms, good comp breakfast, wonderful quality mattress! I am not a hotel snob but I definitely do pay more for cleanliness. This was a perfect stop during a long road trip!

• Stayed March 2011
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

This is one of the best holiday inn's i have stayed at while traveling on business. I was impressed with the manager and the staff was excellent. Housekeepers always went the extra mile to make sure things were done to my specifications. Breakfast bar is excellent and kept clean, nice cozy fitness center on site as well. nice big rooms with high ceilings and fast Internet. I will definitely be returning to this hotel during my trips to Bakersfield

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Croton on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

Purpose of the trip to Bakersfield was to see a show at the nearby Buck Owens Crystal Palace (a great place for music, by the way). Got two rooms, one for my parents and one for me, both on the ground floor. For $95 per room (tax included), it was good value - big rooms, high ceilings, clean and quiet. Don't know if all the floors are like this, but ground floor rooms were very nice.
Met the hotel manager, Cal, who was helpful in getting my elderly parents a ground floor room. It's a newer hotel and clean. The free breakfast was impressive - with hot food (eggs, sausages) and the usual cereal, juices, yogurt, etc. Dining area was clean. So no complaints here at all.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
granbury, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

We decided to stop for a night in Bakersfield after a long day of driving. Since we have had positive experiences with Holiday Inn Express in the past ,this was our choice. The hotel appeared to be brand new, although I learned that it was 3 years old and previously belonged to another chain. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. The room was large, quiet, comfortable and clean. The location was easily accessible from Hwy 58/99. The breakfast was the usual for a HI Express, so it was nothing special, but kept us going for a few hours. The rate was much more reasonable than I expected. The hotel is only a block (walking distance) from the Crystal Palace Saloon. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Bakersfield. I don't know what was in the area other than the Crystal Palace, but for one night, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Alhambra, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

For US$60.00/ night plus taxes, great value and great location, 'cos it's off the Highway 99 at Buck Owens Blvd. exit. It was a hot day Sep. 25, 2010, so the A/C worked beautifully. The big LCD TV is mounted onto the wall, and can not be rotated (turned), and it wasn't centered in front of the bed, so... but, overall, it's a decent hotel, except the breakfast was less than desired.

The omelettes were a bit watery, a few sausage links but no bacon available... a couple of bananas lying around, but no apples or oranges. I saw a couple of bagels and no croissants. As compared to the other Holiday Inn Express I've stayed in, this properly was pretty bad...(for breakfast).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

I usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the highway but I decided to gain points with HIE this time and I am so glad I did. Whenever I go back to Bakersfied I will definitely stay here again. For the price it was a phenominal hotel. The Owner and his Son take a lot of pride in the hotel and it shows. They were so nice, every one was socializing with them. I would stay here with a family on vacation or on business. I was tired when I came in and i asked them if they sold "cup of soup" I could just microwave. They said they did not but they welcomed me to what they did have in the fridge and when I declined, they went out and bought me food! Seriously! And dont get me started on how nice the room was.....

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business