I've stayed at this hotel twice now in the last three years. The first time was good, just for a one night stay to see my sister while she was driving back to Texas from Yosemite. I remember liking the indoor pool, because the outside was just too hot (it was late summer, and it's HOT in Bakersfield.)
The recent trip I took was with my husband and toddler for two nights. We went in May, so it was warm, but not too warm. We really liked the room - it's clean, has two separate rooms (so spacious for the three of us), it has a small sink near the refrigerator, and there wasn't a lot of noise (despite the first night the place being packed with a noisy group.) I went down for the free hot breakfast - the first day was Ok - it was so crowded because the hotel was packed - but the second day (when it wasn't so backed) was better. But it's nice that there is a 'free' breakfast included in our rate, which was about $109/night.
We also enjoyed the indoor pool on the second night. It was nice - although the outdoor spa was nice as well because it was in the 80s outdoors.
The location is a little bizarre - packed near a bunch of other hotels, and we walked to a restaurant nearby (Benji's) but I wouldn't recommend doing that since that area is a little sketchy and industrial. We really didn't spend a lot of time in Bakersfield itself (our trip was to explore the Southern Sierras) but we did enjoy our nights here. I would recommend this place if you were to explore the Southern Sierras and the Lake Isabella area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up each day at the newly renovated SpringHill Suites Bakersfield with the Sierra Foothills of the San Joaquin Valley as your backdrop. Featuring brand new innovative suites with separate spaces for working, relaxing and sleeping, our Bakersfield, CA hotel provides a refreshing break from the ordinary. Luxurious bedding, free Wi-Fi and kitchenettes with mini-refrigerators, coffee makers and microwaves make our suites feel just like home for business and leisure travelers. In our new lobby, enjoy a free breakfast with fresh choices for a hearty and healthy start to the day. Whether hungry for eggs with local salsa or Greek yogurt and oatmeal, guests have a variety of options. For some relaxation after a busy day, head to our Bakersfield hotel's indoor pool, outdoor spa or state-of-the-art fitness center. During downtime, visit nearby Kern River for a fun rafting tour or Famoso Raceway for an exhilarating NHRA-sanctioned event. Book your stay at the freshly renovated SpringHill Suites Bakersfield today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Bakersfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Springhill Suites