“Nice, clean and comfortable hotel, but noisy due to freeway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Sacramento, California
“Nice, clean and comfortable hotel, but noisy due to freeway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable. Nice furnishings in the roooms. They are a decent size, with larger rooms available as an upgrade. The breakfast is better than most continental breakfasts you find at hotels, so this is a plus. The staff are friendly and considerate. I asked for a late check out at 1:00 pm and it was not a problem. Very pleased with my stay. I would recommend this hotel. Also the pool is indoors, large and well maintained. A big plus for kids. The only negative is the noise from trucks passing by on the freeway; if you run the A/C or heater, however, no noise is noticeable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

Great basic hotel in a safe area in Bakersfield. Rooms are new and clean, beds are comfy, staff was VERY friendly and attentive. Breakfast was fine too, and there is a Subway, Denny's, Starbucks and many fast food options just a stones throw away. Also easy access to hwy 99.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. They could tell that we were very road weary, after driving from the East Coast. They gave us great recommendations for dinner, and helped us with the parking situation for our moving truck. The rooms were very clean and all the amenities worked as expected. We were pleasantly surprised with complimentary water bottles in our room. The breakfast was fabulous. Our neighbor had the TV turned rather loud and we heard everything - I suspect it was the volume of the TV, not the construction of the walls.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Manson, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

The La Quinta was super clean and the rooms was spacious. The hotel was located next to several restaurants, which was nice. However, we had requested a top floor room, since I am a very light sleeper. Not only did we not get a top floor room, we shared a wall with the elevator (room 211). So, I got to listen to people walk around above me and the elevator all night long. I don't think I ever fell asleep. When we asked to be moved to the top floor, the front desk clerk said there was nothing he could do, as they were booked for the night. With another 8 hours of driving ahead of us, I was none too happy. Also, their WIFI wasn't working. When we brought this up at checkout we got a curt apology and nothing more. However, this La Quinta served the most amazing breakfast I have ever seen at a hotel. And it was included! They served waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, even biscuits and gravy, as well as the usual cereal, fruit and bagels. I won't stay here again though. Not after being shown that the staff just don't care at all if their clients don't sleep!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bethney80
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

My wife and I travelled to the States for a 3 week vacation and we had booked the La Quinta Inn & Suites as our first arrival hotel. We were so impressed with the staff and cleanliness, that after our trips to Vegas, when we returned to Bakersfield, it was a natural choice to book in for our last 3 nights before going onto our next destination. The staff (Missy and Frank) were helpful and went out of their way to be accommodating for our needs. The room was excellent and well furnished, with a comfortable bed, clean and fresh. Toilet and bathroom was to a high standard and overall the whole room, complete with refrigerator, microwave, television and free wireless internet meant that this hotel for us scored a big 10 out of 10!

Location wise it was perfect for Bakersfield, and it was quiet and peaceful at night. Within a stones throw you had a few choices of eateries, and a gas station just on the corner. What we liked the best (sad as we may sound) is that the hotel still permitted smoking in some of its rooms, but these rooms were kept so clean and tidy, that you did not feel that the hotel did not care for smoking guests. They had an indoor pool which sadly we did not use, but will do next time I'm sure, and a downstairs business lounge where people can use a printer and print documents if needed (again free of charge).

There was nothing that we "liked the least" so we would happily recommend this hotel for any visitors going to Bakersfield. My only note to management which is purely an observation from a "technical person" is that the computers downstairs had no anti-virus software installed which for their own safety they should really implement. Apart from that minor note, everything else was excellent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrTWS
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

We now stay at La Quinta when it is in our area. Such is the overall quality of the chain. It is a 'chain of no surprises' BUT we always check on Trip Advisor in case there is a thorn among roses.
This one is near a Starbucks and a Dennys. It has easy access to Hwy 99.

One small drawback is that there is a railroad track near by and at night you can hear the trains go thru if they toot their horns. With the wondow closed I'm not sure you would hear the noise.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
LaQuinta0871, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Dear PeachlandCalculator,

Thank you! It is always satisfying to see a positive review. It tells me and my staff that we're doing something right.

If you think you will stay with us again in the future, please e-mail me in advance at lq0871gm@laquinta.com.

Tim
Visalia CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

I am a long time customer of La Quinta and I called this facility to look into parking a car for a couple of nights. I let the front desk know that I would be willing to pay for a night at the hotel or pay for parking and they said "No." I also called the Hampton Inn next door and they said "No problem, we will be happy to help." For my future trips I will be calling Hampton Inn, I thought it was nice that a hotel would go out of the box of bit for a customer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank raynde
LaQuinta0871, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Dear Raynde,

I believe a misunderstanding took place over the telephone when you called to inquire about overnight parking.

Hotel guests that stay with us are given higher priority to leave their vehicles in our parking lot when they leave Bakersfield for a few days. In most of these cases, these hotel guests are airline travelers who are permitted to leave their vehicles in our parking lot when they are scheduled to depart from, and arrive at the nearby airport.

On occassions, we do bend our policy a little to accomodate non-guests, but only under special circumstances.

I am glad that you were able to find accomodation at the Hampton Inn & Suites next door. They are a fine establishment. I do sincerely apologize that were not able to accomodate you, but hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.