“Nicest La Quinta I've stayed in!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I have stayed in many La Quintas across the USA (I even lived in one for over a month after a hurricane), and this is the nicest, cleanest, and best designed one I've stayed in! I got in after a long drive from Flagstaff, and was immediately impressed with the kindness and efficiency of the staff and the cleanliness of the property. I asked if it was a brand new hotel, but the woman at the desk told me it was 3 years old. They sure have kept it up! The rooms are immaculate...there are no scuffs, no dirt...they are extremely clean! They are also well-designed and very spacious. They also have a nice indoor pool and spa, a better-than-average selection of fresh food for breakfast, and are well located next to Hwy 99. This was a great LQ Inn and Suites, and I recommend it to anyone who needs a room in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank whateverintexas
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North

Reviewed May 27, 2009

I recently just signed up for this website and this is the first review I am writting. This hotel is very accomadating. Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay very pleasent. The rates weren't bad for what you get, including two bottles of water in the room and a hot breakfast in the morning. The indoor pool is a plus, very clean too as well as the rest of the hotel. I've never stayed at a La Quinta Inn and Suites before, but now I know where to go. If ever you go through Bakersfield on a business trip or just stopping for the night.. This is the place to go.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank harveys_lives
Reviewed May 10, 2009

This hotel is equal parts great and equal parts bad.

First the good. The indoor pool is the best that I have ever seen. My two young daughters loved it! This pool, alone, is worth staying at the hotel.

Other good? The hotel is new and very clean. A very, very nice place. The inside of the hotel was more like something from San Diego rather than Bakersfield. Very nice and new.

The bad? Only one bad thing. The walls were truly paper thin. I grew up in the City in Los Angeles, so noise doesn't really bother me. However, these walls were truly paper thin. My wife could not take it. Honest to goodness, the people in the next room were talking and it seriously sounded as if they were in the room with us. We changed rooms to a corner room, and that was better. However, it was twice the price. In all sincerity, this is an A+ hotel with a huge problem. I would be curious to see what management has to say about what they are going to do about the paperthin alls.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig F
Reviewed November 11, 2008

I had never been to the area and had to book four rooms for myself and other business associates. Although the reviews looked ok and the photos were promising, I was still skeptical.
As many of you know, La Quinta hotels are sometimes hit and miss. One of my co-workers was also worried.

All of my fears were put to rest though. This hotel is new and very clean. I found the room to be very comfortable and didn't notice the noises that others complained about.

This hotel is near a highway and a truck stop so depending upon your room you may have some noise issues though.

Breakfast was fine. There's a waffle maker and many other options.

If I return to this area, this will more than likely be the place I stay.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KKAustin
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Brand new property, clean, fresh and friendly. Reasonable rates and approprite dog policies. Indoor pool (they need to work on the chemical balance in the hot tub). Fine for an overnight stay. We had a very pleasant experience. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SanFranciscoBlue
Reviewed September 15, 2007

Brand new hotel and very nice. Large rooms, great breakfast. Rooms are not soundproof, but where are they? Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Five minutes to the airport.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank treb312
Reviewed January 11, 2007

We used hotel reward points to pay for room. We had no prior information about this in other then being a new La Quinta property, so we took a chance.

At check in, we ask for an upgrade since we stay at this chain very often and most of the time they are very hospitable and
usually offer free upgrades for high points members. The Asian man at the check in desk denied us a upgrade. He was very firm on that, so I just asked for a quiet room that we could get a good peaceful rest in.

The room was facing noisy highway intersection with many heavy trucks which was annoying. Also, the people adjacent to our room had a "ghetto blaster" with noisy music every so often. Told the front desk and they told me it would cost me a fee to move to a quieter room away from this noise. I tryed to forget this, but around 12am the music was blasting again. Same advice from front desk pay fee for upgrade or put up with the noise.

The asian management seems more interested in profits then
guests comfort, it was very clear that they were inexperienced at
guest satistfaction more interested at book keeping.

As a retired travel industry manager, you learn to always
accomodate your guests needs and requests,even if you
lose on a high rewards guest upgrade (space permitting),
the hospitality brings the guests back.

We stay at many La Quinta Inns and know the good from the bad
I could not recommend this inn for style either,even though it is fairly new. For the 100+ per night , you can find better closer to the city.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank canadalady
LaQuinta0871, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2007

Thank you for your review. It is always disappointing when a guest was not satisfied with the level of service received at our poperty.

Guest satisfaction and comfort is our #1 priority. We can't always please everyone, but there is certainly no harm in trying because we want our guests to stay with us again. We always appreciate it when a guest informs us of a problem immediately while in0house. This avoid the issue becoming a bigger problem and help you feel more comfortable in our rooms.