“Pretty good”

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, United States
“Pretty good”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed here for two months while waiting to get permanent housing in Bakersfield after moving from Texas. The hotel was nice and the beds were comfortable. The walls, however, were very thin and there were a few nights where I hardly got any sleep due to activity in near-by rooms. The evening staff at the hotel was very nice, understanding, and accommodating. The day staff was good with the exception of one employee with some people skills issues. I had my cat and my dog with me and the hotel was very accommodating of them as well. There is a pet area outside the hotel with a pet station for cleaning up. Sometimes room cleaning takes a little while but they do a thorough job. If you bring your pets, keep in mind to either bring a kennel or make time to take your pet(s) out of the room so they can clean. Working full-time made this very difficult and I encountered some problems. The grounds are nice but there is a dairy that makes the whole area smell a little ripe in the evenings. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Katharine W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
El Cajon, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great Stay. Very happy with my room and the customer service. Clean and comfortable. I requested a ground floor room and they were able to accomodate my request with out any issues. The staff were helpful and offered me assistance to my room when they saw me with my items. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Bakersfield.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

La Quinta, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have never been disappointed when staying at a La Quinta Inn Suites. Good price value, reasonable breakfast option, clean and comfortable rooms. Not a fancy option - but perfect for traveler who needs nice place to stay overnight on way to anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This stay was excellent. The facility was very clean and in an excellent location. The unit provided every thing we needed with excellent room temperature control. The breakfast was excellent with many choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Paddington2
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This was a stop over location on the drive heading to Vegas. Very helpful staff, very clean room. It was great to be able to use the gym and pool. It is directly opposite Denny's, Starbucks and other food outlets. Very handy location. Definitely recommend if looking to stay in Bakersfield.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2014

we only stayed one night here, but the staff was helpful and friendly. they have laundry service and you can do your own, which we did because at this point we needed to a week into our California trip! Rooms were spacey and they had a pool! and standard breakfast. They accommodate pets and apparently there are smoking rooms when available. They really do try to cater to all!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for 3d floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed at this La Quinta Inn 4 or 5 times now on my travels between northern and southern California. It is clean, quiet and the front desk staff is very helpful. Most important to me, I feel safe here, even on the ground floor. They do accommodate pets. When I make a reservation, I always let them know I am traveling with my 14-year-old kitty. Once we get into the room, she seems very comfortable here. The rooms are big enough so there is plenty of room for her food/water bowls and litter box. There is also a refrigerator so her food stays safe. I really appreciate that the beds are on frames that preclude pets from going under the bed! That makes it so much easier to pick her up & put her in carrier when it is time to check out and resume our journey. One time, I had to request another room due to a room problem they did not know about. They were very gracious and quickly moved me to a better room. Occasionally, I have heard a dog barking in another room, but it is not so loud that I cannot sleep. I also like their free breakfast! The property is located closer to Hwy 99 than Hwy 5. But I like it so much that I take the time to get there from Hwy 5. You can walk to Denny’s or Starbucks from the hotel & there are other eateries within short driving distance. I definitely will continue to stay here when I drive Hwy 5 between the northern & southern parts of California.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are quiet and easy to access without waiting for elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo