“Not My First Choice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Moses Lake, Washington
“Not My First Choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were tired and took this Sleep Inn before reading reviews. Big mistake as we rely heavily on Trip Advisor. Our carpet was worn and dirty - especially in the entryway. The toilet seat was old and was stained and chipped. (I hope it was all stain and not just dirty). The rest of the bathroom was clean and the room was large with two queen beds which were comfortable.
The elevator permit posted was for 2012 so that makes one feel pretty safe :-).
No, I would not stay there again given other choices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
llynnjones, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other valued travelers. We sincerely apologize you did not enjoy your stay and hope you give us another chance in the future to have you as our guest. In response to the elevator certification, all certifications are up to date and the hotel is in compliance. Again, we do hope you give us another opportunity in the future and we wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Modesto, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Don't stay, there was no hot water the sheets were so worn that the wouldn't even stay on the bed, not very clean, and in the morning the were drug addicts and homeless people walking all around and even in the hotel, we didn't feel very safe.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lori J, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear valued guest, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our hotel and hope that you give us an opportunity in the future to serve you again. I have shared your comments with our General Manager and they are addressing the issues. Thank you for taking the time to complete the on line survey and we wish you safe travels.

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one evening recently. Everything was basically average in terms of service. At first glance, the hotel's daily charge seemed to be very good in comparison to other hotels in Bakersfield, CA. The problem is that they charged us for three times for the one night stay. Upon arriving home from our travels, a reconciliation of our credit card charges showed that they even charged an additional day after we had departed. I sent a few emails but they did not even respond to them. I contacted Choice Hotels to lodge a formal complaint and Sleep Inn was given 72 hours to respond to us. We received two pieces of information from them and they did not even acknowledge our names in their correspondence nor did they provide an explanation for the over billing. I filed copies of our credit card statements with Choice Hotels showing the extra charges and its been 10 days without any follow up them either. This is extremely poor service and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Better to spend a few more dollars and receive some professional service from any other hotel in Bakersfield.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I've given up on another hotel I normally stay at when I'm working in Bakersfield. Decided to give this place a try. Have stayed here in the past with no problems. The hotel was recently renovated with fresh paint, new flatscreen TVs and clean carpeting. Had a problem with the flatscreen TV and that I could not operate my DVD player. The bed was nice, had a very good nights sleep. Except for last night when I had a little visitor crawling on me in bed. Have not reported this to management yet, but will do that on check out tomorrow morning. I think the place needs a good extermination. Once that's done, it will be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

3rd time staying there for the NHRA Hot Rod reunion Drags. Rooms are clean and comfortable but probably could do with some new carpet and a bit of updating but apart from that nothing else was an issue. We had a suite and the extra room for our bags etc was good. Will stay again on our next trip for the drags.

Room Tip: Get a suite for the extra room it provides.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in Bakersfield at the Sleep Inn and Suites during our travel from the South San Francisco Bay Area to Las Vegas. The room looked recently painted and decor was decent. The carpet was old and seemed damp. My hopeful assumption was that the carpet was recently cleaned. Since we arrived late at night we decided to just try to enjoy a good night's rest. Beds must have been comfortable enough since we had no complaints.

We found two "cute" (my wife's words) baby cockroaches in the bathroom tub. Is this because we were staying in Bakersfield? I was not happy to found a third baby cockroach in one of our bathroom toiletries bags when arrived at our next destination.

We had a family member in another room and heard no complaints, but I didn't ask.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean, comfortable, well kept, good continnetal breakfast and reasonable price. I wouldn`t expect more of a motel.. actually I wouldn`t need more than good price, good bed, warm shower and safety to spend one night stop. Pretty good. I would definatelly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends