“Clean room great value but....”

Sleep Inn And Suites
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I've given up on another hotel I normally stay at when I'm working in Bakersfield. Decided to give this place a try. Have stayed here in the past with no problems. The hotel was recently renovated with fresh paint, new flatscreen TVs and clean carpeting. Had a problem with the flatscreen TV and that I could not operate my DVD player. The bed was nice, had a very good nights sleep. Except for last night when I had a little visitor crawling on me in bed. Have not reported this to management yet, but will do that on check out tomorrow morning. I think the place needs a good extermination. Once that's done, it will be a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed October 23, 2013

3rd time staying there for the NHRA Hot Rod reunion Drags. Rooms are clean and comfortable but probably could do with some new carpet and a bit of updating but apart from that nothing else was an issue. We had a suite and the extra room for our bags etc was good. Will stay again on our next trip for the drags.

Room Tip: Get a suite for the extra room it provides.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed one night in Bakersfield at the Sleep Inn and Suites during our travel from the South San Francisco Bay Area to Las Vegas. The room looked recently painted and decor was decent. The carpet was old and seemed damp. My hopeful assumption was that the carpet was recently cleaned. Since we arrived late at night we decided to just try to enjoy a good night's rest. Beds must have been comfortable enough since we had no complaints.

We found two "cute" (my wife's words) baby cockroaches in the bathroom tub. Is this because we were staying in Bakersfield? I was not happy to found a third baby cockroach in one of our bathroom toiletries bags when arrived at our next destination.

We had a family member in another room and heard no complaints, but I didn't ask.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean, comfortable, well kept, good continnetal breakfast and reasonable price. I wouldn`t expect more of a motel.. actually I wouldn`t need more than good price, good bed, warm shower and safety to spend one night stop. Pretty good. I would definatelly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andre1502
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Oops I meant to put this here, but put it on a different hotel on my trip route.

I was absolutely happy with this place, especially for the price.!!!
I have spent twice as much and got half as good of spot.
My summers are nonstop hotel stays, 100 + per year.

I would have 5-stared this place if not for the location.

The area is a bit dodgy, but I was not worried, but everyone has different comfort levels.
For me the comfort of the room was what matters and it was perfect!!!

I will be back,

Staff was super friendly, no issues at all, fast wi-fi.

My first review, on Trip Advisor, but I have 200+ reviews on Yelp Jay C Reno
this is not a fake

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need, they are awesome
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay C
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The front desk person was terrific. At the included Breakfast they ran out of eggs but had sausage. Thought it was going to be noisy but never heard anything. Very convenient while traveling on the 99.

Room Tip: Stick to the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

check in was easy, but they didn't have anymore kings left. so we got a queen bed which was too small for us, we wont do that again. you can hear the noise from the freeway and there was a used soap left in the shower. everything else was pretty clean. bathrooms were really big.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple