“YOU BE THE JUDGE” 1 of 5 stars

Yuma, Arizona
“YOU BE THE JUDGE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

03/21/13

The Wife and I checked in and went to our room. What a shock. The room smells, the cover was off the AC unit. there was paint peeling off the ceiling, the bathtub did not look like it had been cleaned in a long time. There was only one pillow on the bed and not even a complete set of towels. We did not turn back the covers on the bed. Who knows what we would have found.

We went back to the office and asked for a refund. They willingly gave us a refund, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I would assume this is common.

Cap & Virginia

Room Tip: Look at the room first.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emry L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed January 2012.

We had driven from Hoover Dam on our way to San Fran and stopped here to overnight. We arrived late at night and it was a 'let's just pull in here, I can't go on any further' type of decision.

Big mistake. We had a room on the ground floor close to the office. It was small with two double beds, a/c, fridge and a small bathroom. We had two towels to share between the 4 of us (okay as we had our kids, not okay if I was travelling with other adults). The airconditioning didn't work very well and only seemed to have one temperature - very hot. I had to sleep with the door partly open with the security latch attached; needless to say I had very little sleep that night. I put the kids in the bed furthest from the door and hubby and I close to the door. We had to listen to screaming, cars revving, doors slamming, children crying and screaming, plus a woman crying all night. It was around 1am that I was at the point where I wanted to pack up my family and leave.

I've never felt more unsafe anywhere than I have here.

We left as early as possible in the morning, probably around 7.30am. We checked out the breakfast when we returned our key and decided bread and coffee wasn't going to cut it. We stopped at a McDonald's on our way out of town.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can afford to stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
bakersfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

my experience at this motel was terrible. the office staff was very nice but the room was horrible. the room stunk the bed was very uncomfortable they even had cockroaches running up the walls. and the people in the other rooms were very loud and i felt very unsafe . I do not recommend this motel to anybody. i dont care how cheap they rent for its still to much.

Room Tip: dont rent here ever.......
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank deni c
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We booked this hotel in the last minute as this was the cheapest in Bakersfield. But this turned to be a big mistake.

Pro's
1. Has lots of Parking Space available.
2. Is very cheap amongst nearby hotel.

Con's
1. The hotel rooms are very dirty and not maintained. We had spiders in blanket. Flies abound in the room. We had two rooms and both had the same conditions. The beds are not exactly clean.
2. Hotel Equipment did not work. The exhaust was broken and did not work and nor did multiple plug points. The AC has three settings and makea lot of noise.
3. Dont eat the breakfast. Although they serve only bread (along with butter and jams) and orage juice but you are bound to fall sick. All 5 of us fell sick after having just 1 bread and 1 glass of juice each.

So in case you have no options available then and only then book this hotel else stay away as much as possible.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ranodeep_sinha
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We were passing through Bakersfield and needed a place to stay the night. This was cheap, yes but also nasty! We didn’t really feel safe with all the people hanging around the motel at all hours. There were rooms full of people that obviously doubled as a place for the local workers and their families to live. We wanted to get an early start so left before the sun rose and found a strange man wandering around the car park, we definitely did not feel safe at any stage during our stay here. The only friendly person we came across was a man in the gas station who joked with my partner about coffee. Do not bother staying here! We felt very uncomfortable the whole time. I agree with previous comments about rooms being rented by the hour – there was ‘people’ coming and going at all times!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AShacko
Chandigarh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I guess any single mistake is acceptable, but just too many things wrong with this place. I guess if your standards are low, it would be hard to beat the price and get the same. Here is what went wrong:

- Air conditioning didn't work. With 100+ weather, this is not okay. But that wasn't even the real problem. The real problem was when I mentioned it to the front desk, he tried to turn it around on me! He said, "well, you requested a first floor room. I had a air-conditioned room all picked out for you until you said that." Yeah, right.

- Wireless internet about 1.5 times the speed of dialup. In the year 2010?

- The ad says "Breakfast included" but doesn't mention that they only provide it on request. I think they count on you being in a hurry in the morning and won't ask. That is just not good enough. I was wondering when it would start and finally asked at 7:15. If I didn't ask, they would have just not served it at all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sector18
Nevada, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here because it was late, we couldn't drive anymore & it was easy to get to. Easy to get to was the only good thing about it. The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in months with "mystery" brown blobs on the carpet. Had to clean up all the hair on the bathroom floor to even be able to go in & use it. The shower, sink, toilet & sheets appeared clean so we stayed only because we were exhausted.

Cops showed up a couple of times at other rooms. Has a refridgerator & microwave that were not plugged in & would have to be moved a couple of feet to even reach the outlet. Inside of fridge was rusted out. Tables were sticky & had to be washed off.

Put towels down on the bathroom floor & never walked on the carpet without shoes on. Looked like a room that may have been rented by the hour instead of by the night. DISGUSTING. Never so happy to leave a place. Told the desk clerk about our room the next morning, he just kept saying yep when told about the disgusting carpet & floors but never even asked which room we stayed in. Never again, make sure you have had a tetanus shot!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family