“Migas to die for”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything is good. Pumpkin anything works! Mimosas...Everyone I've been here with loves this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We met relatives for Lunch. As usual everything was good. Only complaint - the walnuts in our salad were old. Service was great.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Followed TripAdvisor reviews, and have to heartily agree. The best biscuits and gravy My wife Pink and I have ever had, not to mention the chicken fried steak. 20 years in Lancaster and a huge fan of Otto's (locals will know) I never thought we would ever find better. Great prices, excellent service maybe 7 waitresses for a small diner meant no waiting and always a full coffee cup.

The atmosphere was fun, open kitchen so you can see them make the food, real back east style diner. Really, the best can't wait to eat the leftovers!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Years ago I had a breakfast meeting at this Cafe. I do not remember who it was with or what we discussed but I did remember the food. I had lunch and breakfast there this week and both were outstanding. The stack of pancakes were cooked to perfection. The Tequila Lime Chicken Breast Club sandwich was tasty, served with fries that were hot & crisp. Cannot wait to go back.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very fun & slightly quirky looking restaurant. Looks like something you might see in the mid-west... The menu for one is a surprise...some of the dishes are prepared by someone who knows how to cook, not some fry cook popping something pre-prepared in the microwave or a deep fryer. We stopped in for breakfast and we're glad we did. The pancakes are delicious. There is an absolutely fine jam on the table (homemade?) which is outstanding on hot buttered biscuits. Omelets are sooooo good!

Service was in keeping with the food...excellent! Only reason this place didn't get 5 stars was the decaf coffee was the worst I've ever had...BUT the regular drip was very good. I might have gotten the end of the pot...next visit I'll give decaf another try.

This restaurant would be a success in any city...but is certainly a surprise find in Bakersfield. we will definetly go out of our way to eat at the 24th Street Cafe again!