“Great things come in small packages.”

Valentien Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 849 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Valentien is currently closed for re-engineering, but will be reopening soon!
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Simply a perfect little local restaurant with great owners that love and care about what they serve on a daily basis.

1  Thank giantkrash

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had wanted to try Valentiens for a long time and unfortunately I was disappointed. It was a Friday and the restaurant was very busy which might explain the slow service. I do not have a big appetite so I only order an entree but the Hallibut cheeks I was served could have fitted into 1/2 cup. Athough very small - it was tasty. In addition to the Hallibut cheeks, there was only two tiny pieces of palms of heart and a sauce. It really looked like an appetizer for $38. No rice, pasta or potato in sight. My companion ordered Fillet Mignon and was very pleased with it. The staff did not check on us to see if everything was to our liking but the restaurant was busy. The restaurant is obviously very popular and there appeared to be many regulars. The staff were very pleasant when we did see them. I feel it was overpriced for the portions they serve - probably won't return.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you're a foodie, you should try Valentien. It is my favorite spot in town. It is pricey, but good, high quality, intersting Cal-fusion food. A shining star in Bakersfield (the arm-pit of California).

2  Thank Larzio
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Valentien provides an ever-changing menu of remarkable experiences: unique game meats, lesser-known fruits and vegetables, artisanal cheeses and charcuterie. The staff is top-notch and well-versed in their exceptional wine list. Co-owner Jeramy Brown takes great pride in stocking the list with hidden gems that offer terrific bang-for-the-buck. Valentien isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. And this is the only restaurant I visit for special occasions.

2  Thank TheFoodist
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Went here for our anniversary dinner. They made it a great experiance. I'd say hands down the best place in town by far.

1  Thank Tommy L