See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Great location....easy to get to from Hwy. 99. Customer service was very friendly and accommodating. Was assigned a recently refurbished room. Everything was very clean and convenient.

Right in the middle of things so easy to find a restaurant...Marie Callendar's Happy Hour provided me a great deal of food was able to take leftovers to my room for late night snack.

Coffee and bagels were available for morning -- didn't have the food, yet was pleased coffee to go was readily available right by the door. There is also one pot of coffee in your room too.

Kathy Condon, Executive Coach, Speaker and Trainer. Award-winning author of the book: "It Doesn't Hurt to Ask: It's all about Communication".

http://www.kathycondon.info http://kathycondons.blogspot.com

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank FUNCOACHVancouver_WA
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I called to ask for some best rate. They offered me 75.99 a night. I thought the price was great. So I reserved for a king bedroom w/ a sleeper sofa. When I received my email confirmation, I read that I was getting a queen bed. So I called again to double check, and so they changed it. When I got to the hotel and saw the room, it was pretty small and no sleeper sofa. but nice and clean. I went back to the lobby and I told them that I called a few times to make sure if I'm getting a sleeper sofa. The lady at the front desk said that the sleeper sofa is only in the suite rooms. Well I already checked in so I had no choice but to take the room. Went back to the room to put some food in the fridge. It was not working so I called front desk again. She said that the maintenance went home at 4:30 and their fridge always worked well. Good thing my husband was there so we carefully moved the full-size ref to check the back, it was not plugged at all. I expected there would be pots and pans so I can cook meals for my family. But I only found one pot. Bathroom did not have shampoo, just a couple of soap. I called to request for some shampoo and one more pillow, they said they were gonna call me back to let me know that my shampoo and pillow are on the way. I never got it and never got a call back. I saw a couple of tiny cockroaches, one on our bed and one on the bathtub when I was about to give my toddler a bath. then I saw a big one on the wall. All I can say is the staff need more training in helping the customers. what i remember was when I was having problems with my room, the front desk couldnt look me in the eye.
I had a lot of issues in this hotel and I normally dont complain with any hotel problems, since i have a family to take care of I normally ignore any hotel issues. but this one is worst. I have more to say but I think this is enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank taray83
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I travel frequently for business with my normal accommodations being around the Standard Marriott or Hyatt hotels. If I stay in a hotel for more than 2 nights, I like booking a suite with a kitchenette for convenience which is how I found this Extended Stay “Deluxe”. This hotel was far below any acceptable standard. My grievances are as follows:
- The floors were in the hotel hallways were a sea of stains. A small section of carpet in my room was missing.
- Small black hairs dotted the shower, long hairs were found in the sink and bathroom floor
- Two hand towels reeked of BO that made me gag
- Hotel staff did nothing when I reported smokers on a non-smoking floor
- Discarded food containers remained by the exit door for 2 days
- Chunks of dirt on the back steps and hallways were never vacuumed away
- Elevator broke on the last day of my stay causing me to carry my suitcases down 3 flights of stairs by myself (no assistance was available)
- An extra $51.97 charge was on my bill that was unidentified and finally taken off after refusing to leave until I received a suitable explanation for the charge (took 45 minutes to resolve).
- Upon listing my grievances to the sole Desk Clerk/Manager/Housekeeping representative, her reply was, “yea, we hear complaints like that a lot”

On the plus side
- Room was a nice size
- Bed was comfortable
- Good Marie Callendar's muffins for breakfast.
- Internet service was fast

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eljay_92117
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Was scheduled to be in town for 5 days on business. When I drove up, the place looked nice & clean. The room I stayed in was $86/night for a full kitchen. The room's cleanliness was questionable, the appliances & bedding were dated & the room size was very small. I travel often for work & have been VERY pleased w/ other extended stay locations. This one is not in the same league as the others. I ended up going to the Double tree for the rest of my trip & was very pleased w/ service & cleanliness of room.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank EdieTraveler
Reviewed April 17, 2007

This is great value for money accomodation.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The reception staff went into a lot of detail as the to the layout and features of the hotel. About an hour after we booked in the front desk contacted us to check that everything was OK with the room.

The rooms are average size, but are very clean and quiet. There is a modest continental breafast included. There is heaps of free parking and the hotel is in a nice park of Bakersfield. There was a cost for the wireless internet, but it was only $4.99 per stay (as opposed to a night). The free 24hr gym was good. There is also a good laundary.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank johnpalmer2016