See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I travel frequently for business with my normal accommodations being around the Standard Marriott or Hyatt hotels. If I stay in a hotel for more than 2 nights, I like booking a suite with a kitchenette for convenience which is how I found this Extended Stay “Deluxe”. This hotel was far below any acceptable standard. My grievances are as follows:
- The floors were in the hotel hallways were a sea of stains. A small section of carpet in my room was missing.
- Small black hairs dotted the shower, long hairs were found in the sink and bathroom floor
- Two hand towels reeked of BO that made me gag
- Hotel staff did nothing when I reported smokers on a non-smoking floor
- Discarded food containers remained by the exit door for 2 days
- Chunks of dirt on the back steps and hallways were never vacuumed away
- Elevator broke on the last day of my stay causing me to carry my suitcases down 3 flights of stairs by myself (no assistance was available)
- An extra $51.97 charge was on my bill that was unidentified and finally taken off after refusing to leave until I received a suitable explanation for the charge (took 45 minutes to resolve).
- Upon listing my grievances to the sole Desk Clerk/Manager/Housekeeping representative, her reply was, “yea, we hear complaints like that a lot”

On the plus side
- Room was a nice size
- Bed was comfortable
- Good Marie Callendar's muffins for breakfast.
- Internet service was fast

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank eljay_92117
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Was scheduled to be in town for 5 days on business. When I drove up, the place looked nice & clean. The room I stayed in was $86/night for a full kitchen. The room's cleanliness was questionable, the appliances & bedding were dated & the room size was very small. I travel often for work & have been VERY pleased w/ other extended stay locations. This one is not in the same league as the others. I ended up going to the Double tree for the rest of my trip & was very pleased w/ service & cleanliness of room.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank EdieTraveler
Reviewed April 17, 2007

This is great value for money accomodation.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The reception staff went into a lot of detail as the to the layout and features of the hotel. About an hour after we booked in the front desk contacted us to check that everything was OK with the room.

The rooms are average size, but are very clean and quiet. There is a modest continental breafast included. There is heaps of free parking and the hotel is in a nice park of Bakersfield. There was a cost for the wireless internet, but it was only $4.99 per stay (as opposed to a night). The free 24hr gym was good. There is also a good laundary.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank johnpalmer2016
Reviewed March 30, 2007

This was a great hotel. Very clean, quiet, had everything we needed/wanted. My only complaint was that you had to pay for WiFi. $5 per STAY. Which isn't bad at all. But we only stayed the one night and I think it should be included. BUT, it was very nice. Would definitely stay here again.
Note: Continental breakfast included only M-F. This is the last day of our trip and we're pretty tired of those continental breakfasts by now anyway.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank LEckman
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Stayed here one night in November going from Northern CA to Las Vegas. Booked the trip via Hotwire for $43.00. I was unaware that the accomodations were so nice. Evidently this is a new property. Please do not get this confused with the ExtendedStay America located one or two miles away. This is the Deluxe brand and it shows. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchette area was luxurious. It even had a DVD player. I could have stayed here for a week and felt right at home.

I did not think that the location was noisy but I guess that depends on where you have your room. We were on the top most floor. The hotel sits behind Mimi's cafe in the back of some stores. It cannot be seen off of the main road. I would definitely stay here again. I wish I did have more time in Bakersfield but it was most enjoyable for the most part due to the stay here.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple