See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 11, 2007

Was scheduled to be in town for 5 days on business. When I drove up, the place looked nice & clean. The room I stayed in was $86/night for a full kitchen. The room's cleanliness was questionable, the appliances & bedding were dated & the room size was very small. I travel often for work & have been VERY pleased w/ other extended stay locations. This one is not in the same league as the others. I ended up going to the Double tree for the rest of my trip & was very pleased w/ service & cleanliness of room.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank EdieTraveler
Reviewed April 17, 2007

This is great value for money accomodation.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The reception staff went into a lot of detail as the to the layout and features of the hotel. About an hour after we booked in the front desk contacted us to check that everything was OK with the room.

The rooms are average size, but are very clean and quiet. There is a modest continental breafast included. There is heaps of free parking and the hotel is in a nice park of Bakersfield. There was a cost for the wireless internet, but it was only $4.99 per stay (as opposed to a night). The free 24hr gym was good. There is also a good laundary.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank johnpalmer2016
Reviewed March 30, 2007

This was a great hotel. Very clean, quiet, had everything we needed/wanted. My only complaint was that you had to pay for WiFi. $5 per STAY. Which isn't bad at all. But we only stayed the one night and I think it should be included. BUT, it was very nice. Would definitely stay here again.
Note: Continental breakfast included only M-F. This is the last day of our trip and we're pretty tired of those continental breakfasts by now anyway.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LEckman
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Stayed here one night in November going from Northern CA to Las Vegas. Booked the trip via Hotwire for $43.00. I was unaware that the accomodations were so nice. Evidently this is a new property. Please do not get this confused with the ExtendedStay America located one or two miles away. This is the Deluxe brand and it shows. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchette area was luxurious. It even had a DVD player. I could have stayed here for a week and felt right at home.

I did not think that the location was noisy but I guess that depends on where you have your room. We were on the top most floor. The hotel sits behind Mimi's cafe in the back of some stores. It cannot be seen off of the main road. I would definitely stay here again. I wish I did have more time in Bakersfield but it was most enjoyable for the most part due to the stay here.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gstabc
Reviewed December 4, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on November 20th and 21st. It was a really nice hotel. The rooms, both public and private were really, really nice. Our room, unlike the regular Extended Stay hotel, had a decor more like the nicer hotels, lots of wood, even in kitchenette.

I use a wheelchair and am a double amputee, so access was paramount. The room was a great size, lots of room to move about in the room. However on either side of the bed access was extremely limited. The bed was pushed nearly against the wall on one side and a large recliner was on the other side.

Access for me had to be from the end of the bed and was a little awkward because the mattress dipped dramatically as I got on it. There was a LARGE TV on a dresser, a desk/table. A full sized refrigerator in the kitchenette.

The bathroom was very large and mostly accessible to someone with limited mobility problems (could walk with/out assistance). For me the shower/bath was a problem because access to the shower bench from the wheelchair was blocked by the sink. The shower head was on a long hose, however, the distance from the controls and shower head to the bench was compromised because there was no place to hook the shower head if you held it.

It was very quiet IN the hotel (no loud conversations of passersby, doors slamming shut, etc.), because there were not many patrons. This hotel and others in the area (within a one - two mile radius) are near many services, shopping, restaurants and right off Highway 99.

Our room was on the top floor and at the end of the corridor. It overlooked the back of a Marie Callender restaurant and CompUSA (actually we were behind a small shopping center). It was very noisy the first night, as the restaurant employees were unloading running refrigerator trucks until after 10 p.m. They were dropping and/or throwing pallets which was unsettling because there was no rhythm to it and it occurred unexpectedly.

Our refrigerator's motor ran like it was going to drive off with it's contents. The hotel is also located near an expansive railroad yard. Engines on the tracks just running for an hour or more, etc. Now that didn't bother me much as where I live there is a rail yard about 1 1/2 miles away from my home.

The first night I was so tired that I slept without much notice of the various noises, once I got to sleep. The second night was worse because I was rested and finally had to get up and turn off the refrigerator.

We were in room 415. I would stay again (we were on our way to LA), but would request a room on the opposite end of the hotel a room off the parking lot and request a room with a roll in shower (this room was unavailable to me as it was occupied by another patron). This would not diminish the amount of noise from the rail yard however, just have to live with that.

I did mention all the noise to the staff at the front desk and was immediately offered to move to another room. However, one of the staff said it wouldn't be much better noise wise, so we opted not to move.

The other Extended Stay was less than 6 blks away and it was right at the rail yard, can't imagine how that stay would have been.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple