See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Arrived in Bakersfield for work. I have stayed at many Extended Stay Deluxe hotels throughout the country, and this one is, by far, the cleanest, roomiest, and most upgraded room that I have stayed in. High ceilings give the feeling of being at home, and the granite countertops dress up the place. The cleaning staff does an excellent job. Much to my surprise, they even change out the bedspreads every week. This one is about $15 more per night than I usually pay throughout the country, but it is well worth the extra money. The staff is very helpful and friendly, too. The only down side, the beds are not very comfortable (typical for a hotel, though), and there are often crackheads and homeless people cruising the nearby major highway (California Ave) looking for cash. Can't even go to get gas (Chevron) or coffee (Starbucks) without being harrassed. But from what I hear, that is a common ocurrence here in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here on and off for at least 6 months because I travel for my job. The rooms are small but very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The cleaning ladies are awesome. I have stayed in other extended stays and none have compared with the way these people make me feel welcome. Even the maintenance man goes out of his way to help. I feel perfectly safe here and so are my belongings. Not once in 7 months have I worried about leaving valuables in my room. Because we so enjoy the people at this hotel, I returned to Bakersfield to work a third 13 week contract at a local hospital. . I recommend this place completely.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Carjow
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I grew up in Bakersfield, and took this trip to see friends. I booked this hotel thru Hotwire. If you're unfamiliar with Hotwire, you book the hotel based on the star rating and price, but don't know the name of the hotel until you have pre-paid. I booked a "3-star hotel" to find it was this one. I see Hotwire has lowered it to a 2-1/2, which is still too high. First, the hotel did not have my reservation. I had to call Hotwire, who had to fax something to the hotel, and it was eventually straightened out. Hotwire blamed the hotel, the hotel blamed Hotwire for the mixup. They ended up giving us a handicapped room, which we did not need. The room smelled vaguely of urine, and the sheets were stained (at least I hope they were stained and not just dirty). There were two very small, flat pillows on a queen-sized bed-not sufficient for one person, let alone two. When I asked for more pillows I was told there weren't any, and they were "waiting for a shipment!!!???" I had to go to a nearby Home Goods and buy a couple of cheap pillows and pillowcases. The hotel is in a good location, and having a fridge and microwave in the room were plusses. However, the negatives definitely outweighed the positives. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cjaphe
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean and I was able to print documents securely and remotely from my laptop because they had a "printme" service hooked up to their printer in the lobby. Their fitness room was open 24 hours, which is a plus for someone working later or super early hours. The only downside was the $4.99 fee for internet access, but there was just the one time charge for my entire stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LArosebud
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We have to go to Bakersfield for medical visits 2-3 times a year and stay for a couple of days each time. Its always important for us to have the facillities that Extended Stay provides and enough room for us to stretch out and rest betwween appointments. We've been " find" the hotel via the internet for a long time and that became a reality this most recent trip. We will be back, the value, the location and the facilities totally met our every need. We've become devoted fans after only one visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business