“Staff makes the difference” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane

Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - Chester Lane
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Staff makes the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here on and off for at least 6 months because I travel for my job. The rooms are small but very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The cleaning ladies are awesome. I have stayed in other extended stays and none have compared with the way these people make me feel welcome. Even the maintenance man goes out of his way to help. I feel perfectly safe here and so are my belongings. Not once in 7 months have I worried about leaving valuables in my room. Because we so enjoy the people at this hotel, I returned to Bakersfield to work a third 13 week contract at a local hospital. . I recommend this place completely.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Carjow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I grew up in Bakersfield, and took this trip to see friends. I booked this hotel thru Hotwire. If you're unfamiliar with Hotwire, you book the hotel based on the star rating and price, but don't know the name of the hotel until you have pre-paid. I booked a "3-star hotel" to find it was this one. I see Hotwire has lowered it to a 2-1/2, which is still too high. First, the hotel did not have my reservation. I had to call Hotwire, who had to fax something to the hotel, and it was eventually straightened out. Hotwire blamed the hotel, the hotel blamed Hotwire for the mixup. They ended up giving us a handicapped room, which we did not need. The room smelled vaguely of urine, and the sheets were stained (at least I hope they were stained and not just dirty). There were two very small, flat pillows on a queen-sized bed-not sufficient for one person, let alone two. When I asked for more pillows I was told there weren't any, and they were "waiting for a shipment!!!???" I had to go to a nearby Home Goods and buy a couple of cheap pillows and pillowcases. The hotel is in a good location, and having a fridge and microwave in the room were plusses. However, the negatives definitely outweighed the positives. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean and I was able to print documents securely and remotely from my laptop because they had a "printme" service hooked up to their printer in the lobby. Their fitness room was open 24 hours, which is a plus for someone working later or super early hours. The only downside was the $4.99 fee for internet access, but there was just the one time charge for my entire stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LArosebud
Morro Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

We have to go to Bakersfield for medical visits 2-3 times a year and stay for a couple of days each time. Its always important for us to have the facillities that Extended Stay provides and enough room for us to stretch out and rest betwween appointments. We've been " find" the hotel via the internet for a long time and that became a reality this most recent trip. We will be back, the value, the location and the facilities totally met our every need. We've become devoted fans after only one visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank deda61
OKC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

desk receptionist during check in and check out were different person but both have the same flat affect and showed the same disinterest attitute, not very welcoming.

this hotel is an extended stay hotel but it cost $2 for a load of laundry and another $2 to dry! complimentary breakfast was mediocre, ran out of fruits and any kind of bread by 8 am! there was only coffee and hot water. we had to request the front desk to put out more food and we got one prepackage bagel and a banana, the condiment area was still left empty with no food. there is also no sit down area for the so called breakfast, the little hallway where the food is supposed to be at is right next to the laundry room which reak of smell from detergent and dryer sheet, and the hallway is also looking through the glass door into the gym, making working out without audiences almost impossible.

the AC is the room is very loud, bed is not very comfortable as well. room service is only once a week if you are staying longer.

we were only staying here on the way to Flagstaff, this place made a bad impression of Bakersfield.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank hawa38
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We only stayed here ovenight on our way to San Francisco but the room was large, great shower and a very comfortable bed. There was a small charge of $4.99 for use of the internet which seems a lot for one night but this charge is the same even if you stay for a week. There are lots of places to eat in the near area and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimfoster
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Great location....easy to get to from Hwy. 99. Customer service was very friendly and accommodating. Was assigned a recently refurbished room. Everything was very clean and convenient.

Right in the middle of things so easy to find a restaurant...Marie Callendar's Happy Hour provided me a great deal of food was able to take leftovers to my room for late night snack.

Coffee and bagels were available for morning -- didn't have the food, yet was pleased coffee to go was readily available right by the door. There is also one pot of coffee in your room too.

Kathy Condon, Executive Coach, Speaker and Trainer. Award-winning author of the book: "It Doesn't Hurt to Ask: It's all about Communication".

http://www.kathycondon.info http://kathycondons.blogspot.com