WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was very clean and I was able to print documents securely and remotely from my laptop because they had a "printme" service hooked up to their printer in the lobby. Their fitness room was open 24 hours, which is a plus for someone working later or super early hours. The only downside was the $4.99 fee for internet access, but there was just the one time charge for my entire stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LArosebud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Morro Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

We have to go to Bakersfield for medical visits 2-3 times a year and stay for a couple of days each time. Its always important for us to have the facillities that Extended Stay provides and enough room for us to stretch out and rest betwween appointments. We've been " find" the hotel via the internet for a long time and that became a reality this most recent trip. We will be back, the value, the location and the facilities totally met our every need. We've become devoted fans after only one visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank deda61
OKC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

desk receptionist during check in and check out were different person but both have the same flat affect and showed the same disinterest attitute, not very welcoming.

this hotel is an extended stay hotel but it cost $2 for a load of laundry and another $2 to dry! complimentary breakfast was mediocre, ran out of fruits and any kind of bread by 8 am! there was only coffee and hot water. we had to request the front desk to put out more food and we got one prepackage bagel and a banana, the condiment area was still left empty with no food. there is also no sit down area for the so called breakfast, the little hallway where the food is supposed to be at is right next to the laundry room which reak of smell from detergent and dryer sheet, and the hallway is also looking through the glass door into the gym, making working out without audiences almost impossible.

the AC is the room is very loud, bed is not very comfortable as well. room service is only once a week if you are staying longer.

we were only staying here on the way to Flagstaff, this place made a bad impression of Bakersfield.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hawa38

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

We only stayed here ovenight on our way to San Francisco but the room was large, great shower and a very comfortable bed. There was a small charge of $4.99 for use of the internet which seems a lot for one night but this charge is the same even if you stay for a week. There are lots of places to eat in the near area and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimfoster
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

Great location....easy to get to from Hwy. 99. Customer service was very friendly and accommodating. Was assigned a recently refurbished room. Everything was very clean and convenient.

Right in the middle of things so easy to find a restaurant...Marie Callendar's Happy Hour provided me a great deal of food was able to take leftovers to my room for late night snack.

Coffee and bagels were available for morning -- didn't have the food, yet was pleased coffee to go was readily available right by the door. There is also one pot of coffee in your room too.

Kathy Condon, Executive Coach, Speaker and Trainer. Award-winning author of the book: "It Doesn't Hurt to Ask: It's all about Communication".

http://www.kathycondon.info http://kathycondons.blogspot.com

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank FUNCOACHVancouver_WA
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

I called to ask for some best rate. They offered me 75.99 a night. I thought the price was great. So I reserved for a king bedroom w/ a sleeper sofa. When I received my email confirmation, I read that I was getting a queen bed. So I called again to double check, and so they changed it. When I got to the hotel and saw the room, it was pretty small and no sleeper sofa. but nice and clean. I went back to the lobby and I told them that I called a few times to make sure if I'm getting a sleeper sofa. The lady at the front desk said that the sleeper sofa is only in the suite rooms. Well I already checked in so I had no choice but to take the room. Went back to the room to put some food in the fridge. It was not working so I called front desk again. She said that the maintenance went home at 4:30 and their fridge always worked well. Good thing my husband was there so we carefully moved the full-size ref to check the back, it was not plugged at all. I expected there would be pots and pans so I can cook meals for my family. But I only found one pot. Bathroom did not have shampoo, just a couple of soap. I called to request for some shampoo and one more pillow, they said they were gonna call me back to let me know that my shampoo and pillow are on the way. I never got it and never got a call back. I saw a couple of tiny cockroaches, one on our bed and one on the bathtub when I was about to give my toddler a bath. then I saw a big one on the wall. All I can say is the staff need more training in helping the customers. what i remember was when I was having problems with my room, the front desk couldnt look me in the eye.
I had a lot of issues in this hotel and I normally dont complain with any hotel problems, since i have a family to take care of I normally ignore any hotel issues. but this one is worst. I have more to say but I think this is enough.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank taray83
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

I travel frequently for business with my normal accommodations being around the Standard Marriott or Hyatt hotels. If I stay in a hotel for more than 2 nights, I like booking a suite with a kitchenette for convenience which is how I found this Extended Stay “Deluxe”. This hotel was far below any acceptable standard. My grievances are as follows:
- The floors were in the hotel hallways were a sea of stains. A small section of carpet in my room was missing.
- Small black hairs dotted the shower, long hairs were found in the sink and bathroom floor
- Two hand towels reeked of BO that made me gag
- Hotel staff did nothing when I reported smokers on a non-smoking floor
- Discarded food containers remained by the exit door for 2 days
- Chunks of dirt on the back steps and hallways were never vacuumed away
- Elevator broke on the last day of my stay causing me to carry my suitcases down 3 flights of stairs by myself (no assistance was available)
- An extra $51.97 charge was on my bill that was unidentified and finally taken off after refusing to leave until I received a suitable explanation for the charge (took 45 minutes to resolve).
- Upon listing my grievances to the sole Desk Clerk/Manager/Housekeeping representative, her reply was, “yea, we hear complaints like that a lot”

On the plus side
- Room was a nice size
- Bed was comfortable
- Good Marie Callendar's muffins for breakfast.
- Internet service was fast

• Liked — Marie Callendar Muffins
  • Disliked — It was dirty!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)