“The Bomb”

Goose Loonies Sports Cafe
Ranked #212 of 850 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American, Greek, Pizza
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are looking for meat, especially for a good burger, this is the place to go. Very tasty (I had the patty melt) and the portions are just about right. The atmosphere is clean, the service excellent. A nice hideaway to escape from work or the doldrums on a hot day. Nice bar with lots of beers. A smaller place too, not totally crowded. The food is very tasty.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to watch the ohio state game. The TVs were set perfectly so we could watch and have dinner as well. The have quite a bit of different beers to choose from if you like beer like me. This was my first time here (visiting) and I was not disappointed. The food was great, and they had pizzas for $5 for happy hour that were awesome! Would Definently go back when I visit again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I had not visited Goosie's since they were forced out of their original location at 19th St a few years ago. Their actual location now - not the one that Tripadvisor shows - is 816 18th Street in Bakersfield. I clarify this because the restaurant deserves it.

So after appointments, we decided to go look for the relocated restaurant. We easily found it in the "trifecta" area of 18th Street that also includes Too Phat sandwiches and Mexicali restaurant - both good eating places.

The "new" Goosie's is not as large as the old one and doesn't have the ambiance of the original, but it's still comfortable, service is still quick and the food is still excellent. My wife had the French Dip and I had the California BBQ burger. Both were generous in size.

We shared a bowl of clam chowder that they were gracious enough to divide into two servings without charging extra. It was very good; some of the best I've had. They also have a good selection of craft beers.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way home from the Rose Parade, looking for a bite to eat & a comfortable place to watch part of the Rose Bowl. Very nice waitress - friendly but not in a phony way. The food was fresh & the portions very generous. I really enjoyed the geyro sandwich. We saw quite a few families enjoying themselves - definitely not just a drinking spot. A nice man (possibly the owner) saw me taking pictures & offered to take one of all of us. He was very nice. This is a very comfortable little sportsbar. Nothing fancy - just very nice & the big screen was a plus!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Two vacationing seniors in a trendy sports bar: an image that doesn't quite fit. But we were quite comfortable at this one, where the food and service were excellent, the price reasonable and the big-screen TVs easy to watch. The restaurant was within five-minutes' walk of our downtown motel. We were warmly welcomed and professionally served.