“Like staying at at Home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stay at Homewood Suites routinely as I travel for business. The hotel is inviting and the staff is courteous, attentive and you really feel welcome and at home!! I highly recommend it for business travel and for a quick get-away!! Dr. S Young

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Appears to be a fairly new hotel - was clean and quiet. Complementary breakfast was typical Homewood Suites, not a culinary delight but you can fuel up on it. We arrived late and left early the next morning as Bakersfield was merely an overnight stopping point for our family of 4. I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a nice, newer property that is clean and what you would expect from Homewood Suites. We were in a king room that fit my large family fine. The breakfast was good and the staff nice and helpful. They were kind enough to give us a late checkout. We would stay here again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend event in nearby Taft. Everything was clean, staff was friendly and breakfast was good. Our family had three rooms total and everything was great. Only complaint: Internet connection is really slow.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel mistakenly booked me into a smoking room and stated my profile preference listed a smoking room. When they checked with Hilton and was told I did not list smoking as a preference, the hotel could not put me in a non-smoking room as they were also oversold. The desk clerk told me this happens all the time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric A
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night and checked in late. The front desk was very nice and gave us our special requested room type. The room was quiet and we got good sleep. We swam in the pool by ourselves and enjoyed it, although we did not enjoy the smoking people sitting around the pool. Breakfast was very good.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've stayed at this Homewood a number of times and I have consistently had a very good lodging experience. The rooms are nice and up-to-date and clean with no wear and tear or cleanliness issues. You get what you expect from the brand. I have had a nice quiet stay each time, been greeted professionally and promptly by the front desk, and taken advantage of the breakfasts and evening light dinner fare. It is a good location with plenty of secure parking and near shopping. All in all I consider this location a winner and I seek it out as my first choice every time when I am in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo