“HOMEWOOD SUITES IN BAKERSFIELD, CA”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall, our stay at this hotel was very pleasant indeed. We enjoyed their complimentary dinner (on Thursday night only) and breakfast every day we were there. The rooms are large and spacious with comfortable furniture, supplied with 2 televisions (one in the living room and one in the bedroom). We enjoyed our stay and will definitely book another stay at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the past 10 years. It's my first pick of a place to stay in Bakersfield. I have tried others, but end up coming back to Homewood Suites. One reason is the location. It is over by Seven Oaks Country club in an area that doens't have many hotels, but that area of town is close to the office in Bakersfield that I am traveling to. I prefer that area of Bakesfield over the hotels located close to the 99, but that is a personal preference. It is close to the Marketplace which has plenty of places to eat and a movie theater. The hotel doesn't have the "new" feel it did 10 years ago, but it is still a very clean and nice property. The hotel has a great breakfast bar in the morning, not just muffins like some hotels, and it has a pool (although I have never used the pool). I gave it a 5 althought I would really give it a 4 1/2 because the mattresses aren't as comfy as I'd like. This isn't a 5 star resort, but if you are looking for a hotel in the $100 - $125 range that is safe, clean, and has a kitchenette this is a great option. If the rates are higher than $125 a night for the dates you are traveling, look around for other options.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GirlyFromSLO
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room for one night while traveling to LA for a long weekend. Room was larger than expected, very clean, and staff was helpful. Hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, plus standard continental breakfast items were included with the stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great stop-over on the way to So Cal. Clean and comfortable hotel in a newer part of Bakersfield. We booked a room with two beds for 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids). When we arrived, they gave us a free upgrade without us knowing and we ended up in a suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Very large and comfortable!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

When the coffee maker did not work I brushed it off, was told that it would be fixed by the morning. I guess the guy forgot, when I arrived to my room later that evening (after 8 pm) not only did my coffeemaker still not work but i couldn't shower due to the scorching hot water! We have all taken a cold shower, I would have since I had such a long day, unfortunately my two sons and I had to sit though tinkering and clanking and constant walk throughs while trying to enjoy our late dinner (we attended a basket ball tournament). The point is I can understand the glich with the hot water, but the total disregard of not fixing the issue with the coffee maker compiled my anger!

Room Tip: When I visit Bakersfield HWS is my choice, this is the first time I had issues with my stay, from no...
1  Thank Marqurell G
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and the hotel is very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast alone should be enough for anyone to stay here. If you want to go somewhere cheap there are a lot of places to go, but, if you want the best this is the only way to go.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After driving for some time the Homewood Suites was perfect. Easy to find. A clean facility with friendly hosts. This hotel is convient to food, shopping and entertainment close by. Staff can answer any questions with a friendly smile.

Room Tip: Good parking easy access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple