“Just follow through”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When the coffee maker did not work I brushed it off, was told that it would be fixed by the morning. I guess the guy forgot, when I arrived to my room later that evening (after 8 pm) not only did my coffeemaker still not work but i couldn't shower due to the scorching hot water! We have all taken a cold shower, I would have since I had such a long day, unfortunately my two sons and I had to sit though tinkering and clanking and constant walk throughs while trying to enjoy our late dinner (we attended a basket ball tournament). The point is I can understand the glich with the hot water, but the total disregard of not fixing the issue with the coffee maker compiled my anger!

Room Tip: When I visit Bakersfield HWS is my choice, this is the first time I had issues with my stay, from no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marqurell G

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful and the hotel is very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast alone should be enough for anyone to stay here. If you want to go somewhere cheap there are a lot of places to go, but, if you want the best this is the only way to go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After driving for some time the Homewood Suites was perfect. Easy to find. A clean facility with friendly hosts. This hotel is convient to food, shopping and entertainment close by. Staff can answer any questions with a friendly smile.

Room Tip: Good parking easy access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked this hotel because the phone staff said the pool was open all year around and it was warm. We paid the extra amount for the pool. The pool was open, but was ice cold and not usable. When we talked to the front desk, they were rude and offered no explanation.

Also, there were groups of teenagers hanging around the parking lot until 3am. They were noisy and I didn't feel comfortable with our car parked near by.

The rooms were clean though... so that was a big plus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites. It was very comfortable, clean, good location and great price!. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the lobby was warm and inviting with the beautiful fireplace. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a fantastic place to stay with resonable prices. Newer hotel in Bakersfield with beautiful rooms. Did I say they are very comfortable too? Service is second to none and they love humor. Swimming pool, spa and workout room are the best! Will I go back? I sure damn will! I love it there.

Room Tip: Any room there is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was great and in a quiet location which was close to "The Marketplace" with restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater. My room was clean, breakfast and light dinner options were acceptable. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business