“Clean & Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bakersfield
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Check-in and house keeping staff were very attentive. Rooms were clean and quite comfortable. A bonus to have a refrigerator. Walkable to the Marketplace shops for dining. Did not make it to the complimentary breakfast of dinner. Will stay here again next month.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed here over night with 2 small children. Homewood is always a safe bet for a quality stay. Location was nice with a shopping center a short walk down the street. Hotel was clean and staff friendly only down side no hot tub and had a outdoor pool other than that good stay

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CaliforniaMark
Reviewed March 3, 2011

A customer of mine told me to stay here so I decided to try it out. I usually stay at the Marriott Courtyard but this one was closer to my meeting the next day. Let me just say that I travel all over and have stayed in every hotel. This place is AWESOME!!! Let me list some of the reasons this place is the place to stay. There is a basketball court on the premises. Who doesn't want to shoot some hoop to work up the appetite. FREE Happy Hour from 5-7. The night I was there they were serving FREE hamburgers, chicken burgers, french fries, salads and more. No hard liquor but FREE beer and wine. Now here is the kicker. They had a keggerator with chilled mugs and you got to pour your own beer. How cool is that??? I felt like I was in my garage pouring from my own tapper. Plus, they had a big screen playing sports and a roaring fire in the fire place. Very cozy. After a couple of FREE cold ones I took a walk down the street to TORO Sushi Bar & Grill. All of the tables were packed with couples but the sushi bar (my favorite spot)had some openings. I immediately ordered a 22oz. Asahi which came in right away. Then I had the edamame appetizer with garlic. Tasty. But my big recommendation is the Sushi. You have to order the "Ono" or White Tuna. It is to die for. It actually melts in your mouth. Who would have know you would get good sushi in Bakersfield of all places. The salmons was just as good. Right next door is a Vons Grocery store so if you need anything it is only a few steps away. I had to pick up my favorite traveling dessert..........A PayDay Candy Bar. yummm!!! Then it was back to my room to hammer out a few emails. I would highly recommend this place for both business travelors and families. I will stay here again on my next trip to Bakersfield. Cheers!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KKOFOC
Reviewed November 24, 2010

We chose the Homewood Suites, because it was a convenient location for an event we were attending. I always get nervous with mixed reviews, but the cleanliness and decor are clean and comfortable. We had a one bedroom suite, which is great when we travel with our kiddos. the free breakfast was helpful, and I love having that convenience, but it wasn't fine dining...no surprise. I stayed clear of the hot items as they were unappitizing to me, but cereal and a cup of coffe are fine by me.

I used the gym which is small but has nice TVS on each treadmill/eliptical. There is no jacuzzi, which is disappointing for my kiddos.

My complaint would be the duvet covers aren't the kind that you wash out with every cleaning, so those always gross me out a bit. And the bed was fine but not one of the super comfortable ones you would have at other hotels.

Pluses: free internet, free parking, quiet location (walk to movies and shops), free breakfast
Cons: duvet, and can get a better deal on priceline/hotwire for other hotels in the city.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2010

When traveling with my elderly disabled mother to visit family and a cemetary I was looking for a location near her brother's home, not too far of the freeway and also one with disabled rooms. I found this one and since it was by Hilton I figured it would be ideal. Basically it's just off Ming Avenue (a Highway 99 off-ramp and down one more street) very nearby the Freeway but set-back by about 1/2 mile in a quiet area. The check-in was easy and the requested room was on the first floor right next to free parking and an entry door. Roughly the room was ten feet from where we parked. Complimentary cookies at the front desk. M-F they offer a complimentary dinner and breakfast buffet in their dining lounge area. A full meal on both occassions too, not just continental snacks. Outside this area next to the pool are two large fancy propane grills on a large patio as well as a half-court basketball court. Average pool, but no hot tub. Very nice lady working the breakfast portion who helped my mom with what was there and available. We were in a studio suite with a nice front room complete with kitchen (sink, disposal, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove-top, microwave and a full set of dishes, glasses, utensils, etc... If you fill out a shopping list they will even shop and stock the room for no additional charge. The bathroom was quite large since it was a disabled room and had grab bars for the toilet and a large walk-in/no step shower with grab bars, fold-out seat and lowered water controls. Very comfoortable bed with many thick pillows and actually clean fresh smelling linens. There is even a store in the lobby for simple "7-11 type" items but there's a Vons just a couple blocks away which is certainly cheaper, as well as many eateries, stores, etc... Overall a very accessable property for a disabled person, or even for an extended stay as you have all the comforts of home in your room or the property.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Having justed stayed at a Homewood Suites in Medford I was a little disappointed with this one. The room was clean but smelled a little like "old socks" . I think the maids vacuum cleaner bag needed to be changed....anyway this is an older hotel. I had requested a room on the ground floor away from others so their occasional bark would not annoy others, but the hotel was very full and while I did get a ground floor we were surrounded by others and the only light on the second floor was of course abouve us which meant everytime the heavy footed person walked our dogs barked.

Having said all that the staff was very good as I left some medication behind which was recovered and mailed to me. Good stay good selection for the free breakfast. Quiet location - in a business park.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel is not close to CA99 but I believe that is a good thing. Traffic around the hotel can be a bit tough at commute times but it is well located for local food. The staff was very nice and check in was a breeze. The breakfasts and dinners are good but they are made from prepared foods, i.e. the staff heats it up and sets it out, so it is not the same as going to a local restaurant but if you do not have time to go out it works. I did have a problem with the AC in the my room. The AC will only operate if is senses that someone is in the room. The sensor is my room did not sense me and the AC therefore did not work while I was asleep. As a result I woke up several times because I was getting warm. I did notify the staff at check out and they offered an appolgy for the problem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business