“Overpriced, small portions, not what I expect ed for the price or reputation”
Review of Cafe Med

Cafe Med
Ranked #126 of 846 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Overpriced, small portions, not what I expect ed for the price or reputation

Reviewed April 29, 2008

The food could be better

Reviewed March 26, 2008

Good but from what I hear it isn't too sanitary and doesn't have the greatest managers.

Reviewed April 20, 2007

Not worth the money, definitely overpriced . You don't get the service or the quality of food that you would expect for the money. In fact, sitting at tables by the bar or sitting at the bar , the service is poor the majority of the time. On our last visit I would say that we waited close to 20 minutes before we were served and it wasn't even what I would call busy. The wines are ridiculously marked up in price; we just had the same wine at a much better restaurant in Bakersfield, the Valentian, for a fraction of the price. It was $70. at Cafe Med and about $30. at the Valentian where the food is fresh and innovative and the service is wonderful. Regarding the food at Cafe Med some things are good (we liked the Ahi Tuna appetizer although it is "entree priced"), however, it is often inconsistent, the menu doesn't change, and there are no specials. Just about all of the other appetizers are deep fried except for some of the Mediterranean fare. Unfortunately the Mediterranean sampler plate is once again not worth the money, and the falafel doesn't always taste fresh. Time for a makeover Cafe Med!!! I recommend the Valentian or try McGee's.

Reviewed February 13, 2006

I have to say that Cafe Med completely ruined my Valentines Day. After making reservations back in early January for 2 people for 730 pm we arrived to find that there would be over an hour wait for us. This is completely unacceptable-we would have been eating at nearly 9 o'clock! Other people there were very upset also. Clearly Cafe Med overbooked. We waited for nearly 40 mins until I asked the front how much longer. He checked his papers and there was still 20 people ahead of us and announced that it would be another hour. Nearly two hours for a table is ridiculous! He said that it was because people were taking their time and eating slow, but of course they would-it was Valentine's Day. Cafe Med may have great food and drinks but as far as service goes, they lack tremendously. I intend on writing the owner as well as the Bakersfield Californian. They need to make sure that nothing of this nature occurs again.

6  Thank McKenzie S