“Awesome staff”

Add it.
Denny's
Ranked #481 of 841 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Reviewed August 2, 2014

It is walking distance from hotels, very clean, and the food was delicious and delivered in a timely fashion. Our server, Maria, was amazing! She was more than friendly, and checked on us, refilling our drinks, bringing extra napkins, etc., several times throughout our meal. The hostess, Cecy (I think that's how she spelled it!), seemed a little bummed, which made me kind of sad for her, but after a couple of minutes she got herself going and was just as friendly as the rest of the staff with ready smiles and greetings for everyone. I recommend this place for everyone, they are also very accommodating for families with children.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just Denny's food of course, but after a day's drive wanting to just walk from my hotel, it worked for me. I'm only giving a Denny's a mention because of the place's outstanding service provided a very good staff. These people deserve to take home more pay.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I liked eating here because I could walk here from the Hampton, the environment was comfortable for solo eating, the employees were nice, and the food was what I expected...good if not great.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The usual Denny's food, no surprises but the service was terrible. I asked the hostess about the lack of service and she said the owner was cutting staff.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow! I am impressed. The food is definitely up to or above the Denny's standards. I ordered the pot roast and mash potatoes. Asked the server for really soft vegetables as I have no teeth. The manager had the cook really cook (I think extra microwaved) the veggies. Carlos, the manager,even came over to make sure the veggies were okay. They were perfect. Thanks to Carlos and his staff for catering to this toothless eater.