“Delicious!”

The Bistro
Ranked #73 of 820 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was in Bakersfield for the home & garden show two weeks ago. I stayed at the Sheraton. I was so tired the first night there that I just decided to eat at the hotel restaurant (the bistro). I was pleasantly surprised by the variety on the menu. I was even more surprised at the taste!! I split the Mac & cheese with my mom. It was like a gourmet Mac & cheese. It was sooooo good! I wish I had the entire order to myself!
The service was a bit slow but we were in no rush and we were enjoying my son entertaining us, so it was ok.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Debbie P

California
“OK, if you like a lot of salt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

There was a flyer in our hotel room that indicated that it would be happy hour in the Bistro throughout the Thursday night football game. I was concerned about that because it suggested that the restaurant was a sports bar, and I was interested in a quiet dinner. However, my fears turned out to be groundless because, although there was a sports bar, it was small and quiet, and the very large restaurant beyond the bar was very quiet, there being only two other parties.

The decor of the restaurant was very nice. The sides were lined with semi-circular arcs, which suggested that a couple sit at adjoining sides of the square table rather than across from each other--very nice. The center of the restaurant was furnished with the typical row of tables, which could be joined for large parties.

My dinner entree was "chicken paillard," which consisted of nicely done chicken breast, a scoop of well-mashed basil (I believe) flavored potatoes, and vegetables, very nicely prepared. The downside, and it was significant, was that every item was oversalted, not so bad as to make the meal totally inedible, but enough to spoil the dinner. I can recall only two or three other occasions in the many times I have eaten out when I had this type of reaction.

Also, considering that there were only two other parties, one of which came in after we did, we had to wait a lengthy time to be served, largely because our waiter, who seemed to know one of the other parties, spent a considerable period of time in conversation at that person's table.

On another point, we ordered breakfast by room service, and it was provided by the Bistro. My wife and I both ordered a continental breakfast, which I understand to consist of a variety of breads and pastries, together with juice and coffee. The juice and coffee were fine. But the "breads and pastries" consisted solely of two servings of a single type of a nondescript pastry. I did not expect a croissant, but I did expect some type of breakfast roll in addition to some pastry.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank rivetcatcher
“Just simply good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff for a hotel restaurant! The breakfasts are perfect! Lunch it dinner is always wonderful. The bar is a nice place to catch up on a little tv while grabbing a quick bite to eat. If your interested in a full on dinner, sit back and enjoy! I can't say enough pleasing things about this location!

Los Angeles
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Bistro restaurant is one of the restaurant gems in Bakersfield; not to be missed. Great service and great food.

Visited August 2013
Elk Grove
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant was so convenient. The staff was so flexible with my granddaughter. The menu had many choices and you got lots for you money. Very nice atmosphere.

Visited August 2013