“Disappointing”

Add it.
The Orchid Thai Fusion Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

won't be going back. The pad thai was overly sauced, rice mushy, beef in the green curry was tough as shoe leather. Everything was overly sweet and no heat to the curry at all. The place looks a bit neglected with visible dust on all the chairs. Very disappointing. We took guests and were embarrassed.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went there for Saturday night dinner for the family. The fact that there was only one table with people at 7:00pm should have been a hint to not go in. Still I went in and absolutely regret it. The wine bar mentioned in the previous review is something fictional. I think I have more wine at home than here. You can see about 10 bottles on display but not much more. I know this is Bakersfield, but even for Bakersfield standards this is bad. The food itself was not only bad but overpriced. An order of Pad Thai costs $16. I can deal with the prices, but the service is something else. There were two waitresses on duty. They rushed us to order and then as soon as the food was brought the check was placed on our table. We actually did not even finished the food. We left and drove to the Noodle bar for much better food and service. I wonder why this place is in business. The atmosphere was depressing.

1  Thank msmxtoo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think my favorite thing about this restaurant is the wine bar. So many choices, so little time! Load up your pre-paid card and get a designated driver and enjoy. If you're ordering food, try the pad thai dish. Spicy and full of flavor. Or try the Lobster Mac N Cheese, heavenly!