“A Gem in Bakersfield”

Buena Vista Museum of Natural History
Ranked #7 of 40 things to do in Bakersfield
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We spent two terrific hours here. Our kids had an amazing time. Loved the dinosaurs. The museum is very accessible and Mark the resident geologist was insightful and full of interesting information. Staff was very friendly. All-in-all a great time for a family with small children.

3  Thank mclent1
"chester"
"skeleton"
"geology"

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spent a day on a Paleo Dig guided by Buena Vista Museum docents. Found about 30 teeth ranging in size between 0.5 cm to 5 cm. The docents were quite knowledgeable and helpful. Highly recommend this if you like to dig in the dirt!

2  Thank Karen B
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've been hooked ever since I attended my first 'Paleo dig' with the Buena Vista Museum. They have access to private land in the Shark Tooth Hill area, one of the most productive and pristine fossil beds in the country. I make the drive from San Diego every possible month. If you want to find a Megalodon tooth this is the place! Great people, helpful field guides, and amazing fossils.

3  Thank James P
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My son has been to summer camp at BV Museum for two years now & has thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Very friendly staff and teachers, helpful and brotherly teenage helpers and lots of fun hands-on activities! Frequently, when my son and I are talking science or geology, he'll have something interesting and factual to share, then tell me, "We learned that in science camp." Check them out! and be sure to check out their new paint job :)

2  Thank Olga L