“Good food, nice atmosphere, accommodating”
Review of Crest Bar & Grill

Crest Bar & Grill
Ranked #23 of 879 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been here several times, mostly for breakfast. Our last visit was for Father's Day. There were 6 of us with no reservations. They were able to seat us is a reasonable amount of time. The breakfast menu is somewhat limited, but they are very accommodating. The Shuttle Special is just right for me except I don't eat eggs but they were willing to substitute something, no problem. At $4;95, this is a bargain. I might mention that even with a full house and my old ears, I could still hear others at the table. I really dislike places so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation. This place is worth the effort to find it.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Located inside an RV resort this is a nice pub style, sports bar, restaurant with quick service and tasty meals. Would recommend.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We are locals who met friends there for dinner. We had read reviews that the food is very good. The main reason we went was to hear local musician Steve Woods play. We had called earlier to see if some place to dance to his music. We were told they can move bar stools to make room to dance. I questioned the wisdom of that, but decided to go anyway to try the food. The place is beautiful, and service people are great. Our hot pastrami sandwich served with our choice of onion rings was delicious. Word of caution...they have 2 different pastrami sandwiches. We had the one with jalapenos. It was very good, but almost too hot to eat. Good value for price. Our friends also enjoyed their French dip and club sandwich. There is no way you could dance without interrupting the flow of service people and customers. It was difficult to listen to Steve without dancing!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We've visited couple of times and have not been disappointed at all. Most anything we've ordered has been very good and the service is very good, I give this a must try!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I never realized this restaurant was open to the public before, so it never occurred to me to review it. This is home style cooking at its best. We have been enjoying breakfast and dinners here for several years, stopping here on our way south and north in our RV travels.
Tonight, I tried their Bloody Mary's for the first time. They are the very best I have ever had, anywhere, even in 5 star hotels and restaurants in major cities. They come garnished with a huge shrimp, and spears of asparagus, a green bean and olive. Spouse had their old fashioned meatloaf. I sampled an accompanying green bean with mushrooms. Superb. I had a plain old Cobb salad. Perfect. Hot rolls and sweet butter were delicious. And if you are a guest at the RV resort, your dinner is preceded by home made salsa and chips.

Well worth a visit even if you are not an RVer.

2  Thank B T