“Surprisingly good beer and food”

Lengthwise Brewing Company
Ranked #51 of 889 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Great local Pub. Featuring beer from their local brewery. Homemade beer bread, fresh roasted coffee, great fish n chips and more. Good for large groups. Nice pleasant atmosphere. Great place to hang out after work.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was surprised to find a local brew pub in Bakersfield. I tried two different Lengthwise beers and although they had a bit more of a citrus flavor then I am used too, especially the IPA, they were good. There are other beers on tap as well. Everything on the menu looked good so I had a hard time deciding what to order. I had the fish tacos, which were made using cod. Cod is not my favorite fish, but the tacos were good and not greasy. The staff was very friendly and will let you sample a beer if you want to try it before ordering a glass. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, I highly recommend stopping here for dinner, a beer or both.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Yelpers did not let us down on this one. Top notch food all the way around. Super restaurant, clean with a lot of vintage motorcycles to look at. Wait staff was very nice and customer friendly. The group I was with had a wide range of food and everything was great. From the Texas chili to the jalapeño buns they use for the burgers you can't go wrong with a stop at this brewery and restaurant.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Oh yeah not only great brew but great burgers too. You have to go for the stinky burger. Great place to hang out and have lunch with friends.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We visited the pub at the mall. It was a bit confusing at first because we didn't know that we had to place our own orders. Once we figured that part out we were home free! Beer was good, food was good, French fries were wonderful. We did not feel rushed and were happy to sit and view the cool artwork and enjoy the beer. It is a great place to leave your husband while you browse the nearby mall.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

If you love hops then try their Zeus...a smooth double IPA that will leave you wanting more. Beware, at 10%, it can sneak up on you!