“Forgettable Frugatti's”
Review of Frugatti's

Frugatti's
Ranked #19 of 849 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Italian
Description: At Frugatti's, we don't mess around when it comes to Italian food. It's a point of pride for our family, and we invite you to come and enjoy it with us. Here, we use traditional recipes and pair them with only the best ingredients. We never compromise when it comes to quality, all our ingredients are fresh and all our recipes have stood the test of time. For the real Italian experience, there's really nothing like Frugatti's!
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Maybe this place peaked a while back, as our recent experience was quite a let-down.

Atmosphere was ok, noting this is in a strip mall & in north Bakersfield.

The food was quite uneventful despite the prices, with the chopped salad heavy on the dressing & ham (a bit overwhelming these two over used ingredients) & the pasta (red sauce), while covered in cheese, flat. We give high marks to our waiter who was very attentive and who could be heard from afar, given his robustly low voice. He was easy on the eyes, which helped to counterbalance the always banal dining experience we had.

We will say, the house bread was a treat. However they need to upgrade to regular butter than those cheap pre-packaged ones. Tacky!

Step up the game here, folks.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

High prices...food was just average. My husband had lamb ...my daughter and I shared a $20.00 pizza...it was just ok for the $70 tab. I did enjoy the lemon drop martini but not enough to want to come back.The waitress was not attentive.I went for a birthday dinner and when his birthday desert was ordered..and almost 15 min later it wasn't on the table we realized it was forgotten.
Maybe I'll give it a second try later down the road...it could have been just a bad night ..but it was not very busy.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have traveled to places where Italian restaurants are run by grandma. The food is of old family, but with newer mass processed ingredients. With the prices they charge I would have expected the higher quality of ingredients, but in the defense of this place they have managed to do well with what sources they have. For a pizza, lasagna and a bottle of wine I dropped $70.00..... I am looking forward to going back but no booze or a second dish, I will just order a pizza. I believe from what I saw at the other tables they must put there effort into the pizza;ours was fabulous, the lasagna was just average.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went to Frugatti's with family because they expressed a preference to do so, despite our previous experience with this restaurant. We were seated at a table with a torn vinyl cloth and holes in the seat upholstery. The server was attentive enough, but the food was mediocre at best and expensive. My wife had spaghetti with marinara sauce, she asked for angel hair but was told they only offered spaghetti and linguini. She had an average size bowl of pasta for $11.99. My son ordered the salmon with fat sammy sauce, which he said was pretty good but it was also $23.99. I had salmon rigatoni in which they claim they put 4 ounces of fish. I doubt it. It was $21.59 and nothing special. My daughter had the Gorgonzola cream penne, average sized casserole for $16.99. No raves here, yet this place manages to stay busy. You could make any of these dishes better at home for a quarter of what they charge. The economy is bad, yet Frugatti's food is expensive. What are they, French? If you're spending premium dollars you should expect premium food. There are any number of Italian restaurants in B-town that are significantly better than Frugatti's, and most are less expensive.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Every time I've been here it is amazing. It's a little pricey, but well worth it! Try the creamy garlic dressing on any salad, and save room for dessert!

1  Thank Dillo1