WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Fresno, United States
“Nice, BUT...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Next time I would stay at a place that has a free breakfast. There are several in the area that do and at a cheaper price. If that don't matter to you, then this is a good choice. The rooms were nice and clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nick S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. We would love to offer complimentary breakfast to all our guests but it's a corporate standard that we have to abide by, but it is definitely worth it! Our breakfast burrito's with our homemade salsa are amazing and will keep you full!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very nice business stay. Really enjoy my stay. Will go back and stay again. Staff very kind. Location near my office in Bakersfield. Would recommend this hotel to my collegues when they visit Bakersfield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for your recommendations to your colleagues! We strive for 5 star reviews with all of our guests!
Burlington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a great experience during our recent stay. Clean, spacious, well appointed. Great breakfast for a reasonable price. We stayed in three motels during our trip, and this was the best value for the money.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay! We look forward to having you back!
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

6 months later stayed there again for a week. I have to say that the Hilton Garden in "baroque" interior design is starting to be "dated" after over 10/15 years with any changes. Anyway..still ok clean rooms. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast..coffee wasn't that great, joghurt not available without asking every day , the fruit plate didnt look look super-fresh, oatmeal dried up..just not the same quality as at other Hilton places. So I was thinking about downgrading it to 3 stars. On the plus side the service is excellent with Christina at the front desk and Arturo at the bar.Carla at breakfast is great as well. Gymn does the job as well...pool as always suited for kids only...with a little bit of money spend on the interior ( that is more a franchise / Hilton corporate thing ) and some more attention to the breakfast this HGI could easily be the best place in BFL excluding the Padre hotel...

Room Tip: A/C is not too noisy, lower floor better because of super-slow elevator..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike B
Clovis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed two nights and room was quiet, clean and exceeded expectations, even for a Hilton properrty. We requested a quiet room and never heard any noise from any adjacent rooms or in the hallway. I would recommend this hotel to other travellers because it is located close to the 99, hotel staff took care of my request and our stay was very restful.

Fairfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Would stay here when in Bakersfield. Close to Costco, Black Angus, Hungry Hunter. Although they serve breakfast at a cost, so many hotels now have complimentary breakfast which we like. It would be nice if they offered their paying guests breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

pbonner, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I am so glad you were pleased with your stay. I agree with the complimentary breakfast but unfortuantly Hilton Garden Inn standards do not allow us to offer complimentary breakfast but we also pride ourselves in offering our guest a breakfast worth their money spent. Jose makes an awesome breakfast burrito or you have to try is banana french toast. Manuel's omelets are the best. I always get a spinach and mushroom one with advacados on top and Jose's salsa. YUM!

With cooked to order breakfast and all the continental choices of a large full service hotel buffet to eat and drink till you tummy is full and ready for a busy day.

I look forward to your return and enjoyment of my pride and joy!
LA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

First - the hotel itself is ok. For Bakersfield, it's the #2. The Marriott next door is better, honestly. The room was stained, and although fairly clean, it was outdated.

The thing that really ticked me off was the absolute lack of security at this hotel. They have NOTHING to monitor the parking areas or hallways, and Bakersfield isn't exactly known as a crime-free area. I find this appalling. As I found the front desk's reaction to my trailer & motorcycle theft to be equally as appalling. Let me explain..

At 5am I was looking out my window at the parking area, where a man with a stolen truck was stealing my trailer and motorcycles. I called 911 and the police responded extremely quickly and eventually recovered our property after a high speed chase. When I returned to the hotel from the trip with the police, the woman at the front desk was CLUELESS. The police car was parked with lights directly in front of the front door on the sidewalk, with 10 other sirens chasing the thief up and down the nearby street, (which was impossible to notice), and when I reported the incident, she says, "Oh. Was that what all that noise was?" Seriously?!

So 1. clearly they have no cameras or security in the hotel and don't care. 2. the front desk person was a moron. For a hotel to NOT CARE that there was a police car on their front step and fail to investigate, as well as fail to investigate why there was a loud police chase down the street, indicates that the hotel just doesn't give a crap about its guests nor about their security.

BIG FAIL. Yes, I will be filing an incident report with this hotel but I don't think they'll care. They are horrendous.

Room Tip: Be close to the bottom floor where you can see your car to call 911 on the guy who steals your car.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dragon,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We regret to hear about your experience during your time with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered. The comfort and safety of our guests is our number one concern and we apologize for what happened with your trailer and motorcycles while on our property. I just wanted to let you know that we do have a security company that monitors our parking lot. I regret that these criminals were able to do this but I am also impressed with the actions of our local police department.

We hope you understand that this was an isolated incident and our hotel is situated in a safe area and you will give us a second chance the next time you are traveling our way.