“Consistant Quality, Service and Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield
Nanaimo, Canada
“Consistant Quality, Service and Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

As frequent travelers, I review many hotels and restaurants. I try to provide accurate and balanced reviews of places we visit. My wife and I pass through Bakersfield 2 to 4 times a year and we have stayed here exclusively for the past 6 years. That likely represents close to 20 separate nights. We usually stay at Comfort Inns or similar chains but find this hotel as good as the others with the exception of the breakfast offerings which are very basic.

The rooms are recently upgraded and are very clean. The air conditioners are effective and quiet. The windows open for fresh air. The beds are very comfortable, on par with higher cost hotels. We love the birds singing in the morning. Staff is always friendly and helpful.

We love the location, near the 99 Freeway and there is easy connection to highway 58. There are an assortment or restaurants nearby. I'm surprised to see posts indication this is not a safe area of the city. We have never had any safety issues or concerns here. This hotel delivers very good value. Free WIFI and fridges. There is no iron or ironing board.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in rooms that run parallel to California Street.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cashman777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at this location for about six months from 2013 to 2014, so you can trust that if I had a complaint, I'd give it here. But I don't... This place is great. Many thanks to Maria for being such a great hotel representative. The staff here works hard to make your stay a pleasurable one. I felt respected and appreciated as a long-term customer, which is becoming all too rare of a thing these days. I would certainly stay here again anytime that I am visiting the Bakersfield area. Tip to the wise: coupons may be available at the Carl's Jr. next door for lower rates, but shhhh--that's a secret! For the price this place is tough to beat, and although I had a great experience with other employees, I have to again give a special tip of my hat to Maria for being so great during my stay. She really helped to make my in and outs seamless, and I really appreciate that. There are few places that charge twice the price that can compete with this spot. Check 'em out!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John H
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This place is a a bit dated. The propriety looks old and so are the rooms. However if your only concern is a place to crash for the night, this place is perfect. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. This place is no frills but very close to restaurants and stores. Plus you cant beat the price. Like I before not a bad place to crash for the night but not a place I would stay more than a night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just a word of caution, this hotel isn't in the greatest area, plus it seems to have a lot of transients staying there. Also fast food restaurants are right up against the small parking lot, so the hotel is kind of squeezed into a small space (although one good thing about it, it's handy if you're hungry ;). They serve a continental breakfast starting quite early, around 6 AM. My room was clean (altho the carpet was dirty), and so was the bathroom. Points off for having a bedspread that had burn holes in it, plus areas of the wall that needed to be repaired. Doesn't take much to slap on some paint. Also the "first" floor of the hotel is actually a parking garage - the hotel's rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floor. All in all, I'd give it a 6 out of 10. It's ok for a quick in-and-out type of stay; the rates are good. Would I stay there again? No.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs. I always bring them to hotels - I think that since the open parking garage is under...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rheadabovewater
San Pedro, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The staff and rooms were very nice like a throwback to another era like the 70's. The rooms are clean and well equipped with coffee maker, microwave and fridge. They have a pool and spa. The front desk was pleasure to deal with. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo