“Best Indian food in Bakersfield”

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Ranked #55 of 850 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SERVING LUNCH BUFFET ( ALL YOU CAN EAT ) EVERYDAY FROM 11AM TO 3PM.Open every day from 11Am to 9PM, Friday & Saturday till 10PM. We specialize in North Indian food and also make some special South Indian dishes like Dosa and Idli.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you're in the mood for indian cuisine, this place has amazing food and service. Try their Paneer Makhani with Raita and rice.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the lunch buffet several times. The value is incredible and the food is fantastic. The butter chicken isy favorite. Parking is easy, service is friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. Whrn friends visit from out of town, we're going here for lunch.

1  Thank 1Groverbeach
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were just passing through Bakersfield on our way back to Arizona.
It was around Noon so we decided to stop for lunch, we checked Tripadvisor and this place had good reviews.
My girlfriend ordered Tikka Masala shrimp and I had the lunch buffet.
My girlfriend loved her dish and I tried almost everything on the lunch buffet.
Right away they bring you fresh hot Naan, either plain or garlic and Papadum with the standard Indian condiments.
The Tandoori chicken was good, but the Chicken Vindaloo was delicious and I went back for more.
The Vindaloo was good and spicy, but not too spicy. I had a cold so it really helped my sinuses.
My second fav from the buffet was the mixed vegetables, it was carrots, onions and peas in a spicy curry sauce, really delicious!
We also shared an order of Vegetable Samosas and they were very good too.
I have eaten Indian food all over the US and this place was the best by far, even better than Bombay Masala in New York City, which is the oldest Indian restaurant in America!
Unfortunately, Bakersfield is about a 3 hour drive from where we live, so we won't be going back there anytime soon. If it were local, I could see myself going there a couple times per week for their lunch buffet.
The service was exceptional too. I was drinking iced tea and when the waitress ask if I wanted more she commented that a lot of the ice had melted and had watered down my iced tea. Instead of just pouring more iced tea into my glass she took it away and brought me a fresh glass. That was the first time I have ever had a waitress do that, and I always drink iced tea!
The lunch buffet was very reasonably priced at $8.99 for all you can eat, and I really did eat all that I could!
I highly recommend this place if you love Indian food.
You Bakersfield residents are very lucky to have this restaurant in your city, I'm jealous!

2  Thank Paul Y
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant. We were just passing through town and wish we lived close enough to eat here often. Everything we ordered, rice, samosas, curry shrimp, tandoori chicken, the lunch buffet... was delicious. Also, the service was excellent. Really very, very good food.

1  Thank Merritt B
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had the Sunday brunch for the first time. Have had weekday lunch buffet often but the Sunday buffet was even better. A bit more expensive but worth it. Found lamb on the buffet which was great. Sunday brunch has either lamb, goat, fish etc. Coupon in paper included free drink of your choice. I had the mango lassi. Will be going and taking friends next time.