“My favorite Indian Restaurant”

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Ranked #44 of 819 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: SERVING LUNCH BUFFET ( ALL YOU CAN EAT ) EVERYDAY FROM 11AM TO 3PM.Open every day from 11Am to 9PM, Friday & Saturday till 10PM. We specialize in North Indian food and also make some special South Indian dishes like Dosa and Idli.
Bakersfield, California
“My favorite Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

It’s so rare that a restaurant hits it perfectly on all counts consistently, but Zaiko hits the mark every time! It is tied for first place as one of my favorite restaurants in all of Bakersfield (the other being Great Castle for Chinese.) Although you wouldn’t know it by its modest exterior in an otherwise typical strip-mall, the interior has been designed beautifully. The ambiance is comfortable, peaceful, and beautiful with warm, simple, and classy décor. They have mixed contemporary design with ancient colors and motifs. The ambiance is matched by their fantastic staff who are informative, efficient, warm, and friendly….But then there’s THE FOOD! A M A Z I N G! Every meal we’ve had there has been exciting, perfectly balanced, with robust flavors and happy surprises. And just to confirm our experience, we are usually the only gringos in the place. Expats from India are at every table and there’s usually a large family celebrating something special. The portions are generous and a very good value. We have only ordered off their menu at dinner time but there is also a lunch buffet offered daily. Although you have other options for Indian food in Bakersfield, don’t bother going anywhere else!

• Visited May 2013

lincoln
“An absolute pleasure to dine here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was both my pleasure and joy to be able to eat here, on my recent visit to Bakersfield. I ordered a shrimp rice dish which I wasn't able to eat due to it being too spicy, they where so kind and thoughtful choosing a dish they thought suitable for me. It was delicious !!!!!! Garlic shrimp. The service was excellent, nothing was too much for the staff.

• Visited May 2013
Porterville, CA
“Best Indian food and most pleasant Indian restaurant atmosphere in Bakersfield and probably L.A.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Have had the lunch buffet twice and ordered from the menu once. The buffet was superior to most other Indian buffets because the food tasted fresh. The two chicken dishes I had were flavorful, with tender meat and spicy sauces. The meal from the menu, however, was even better! The food was pan hot and we selected our level of spiciness. Excellent Samosas,
Spicy soup, and dramatic dosa with Chana. I hope I have the spelling right. We will be back!!

• Visited April 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Average Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited here whilst staying overnight in the area. We decided to try this Indian after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. The restaurant is attached to a bar and is very relaxed, we were in jeans and trainers and so were most people.
After reading the reviews that the portion sizes are big we thought we would play it safe and order a small starter each, the samosas were huge and although I couldn't complain on the size they tasted like Cornish pasties. My partner had another starter that I cannot recall the name of, again this was plentiful and very filling although the taste not great.
For mains I ordered shrimp curry and my partner lamb rogan josh. We decided to order one rice to share along with a plain nann. The rice was lovely, vegetable and again enough for 3 people. My curry was luke warm and very creamy so not that spicy, my partners was average but again we have tasted better. The meal came to around £35.00 which was very reasonable for what we had. The meal was just very average and if you're looking for something special then maybe this is not the place to go.

Visited April 2013
Agoura Hills, California
“A Terrific Meal - Just What We Wanted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped at Zaika on our way home from Yosemite to L.A. and wow, was that great Indian food. It was JUST what we needed after a week of bleh food in Yosemite Valley. We started with the veggie appetizer sampler and it was great. I am a samosa "snob" and these passed the test with flying colors! My kids had the tandoori chicken and we enjoyed the garlic shrimp and biryani rice. Me - well, I'm a fan of korma and this did not disappoint. The atmosphere was lovely, the service was great and quick, and we will DEFINITELY come back here when we are traveling through again.

• Visited April 2013