“average for its category” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bakersfield

Days Inn Bakersfield
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Bakersfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Daytona Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked a PET friendly room according to your website. Was travel delayed with Delta airlines and arrived a day late. Called hotel to multiple times to update them on my arrival. Got to hotel and then it was disclosed that there would be a $25 per pet charge added to my bill that was not disclosed on the website when I booked the hotel. Then informed that they don't want cats. Now I have no problem with that being the hotels policy, BUT, they knew I was coming, knew I had cats, and this should have been disclosed to me before I got to hotel. Also appreciated them charging for 3 nights even though I had to find another hotel room. I ended up at La Quinta. Superior hotel compared to Days Inn and went above and beyond to accommodate my cats and I. Really a shame because the cats in question were two 12 week old kittens going to LA to be trained as service animals to alert deaf people about about smoke alarms, alarm clock, phone, and door bells. What a gift for a deaf person to allow them to live safely and independently. As a Wyndham reward member you blew it. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels. This trip would have been 18 nights off and on over the next month. Joined La Quinta's rewards where they seem to value me as a guest and welcomed the kittens with open arms. Goodbye Wyndham.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Norco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Easy checkin, clean lobby, cozy family computer room,nice breakfast bar with yummy waffles :) helpful staff and very clean and spacious rooms! Clean grounds all outside too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Days Inn B, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I'd like to start off with WOW! I thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your wonderful review! It is a great thing when the entire staff as well as the property itself is recognized. Thank you for being a valued guest with us, & we look forward to having you with us when traveling through Bakersfield!
Bakersfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room I had didn't have a working TV out phone kept cutting in and out like our line was torn and there was no room service once in the 4 days I stayed there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to apologize for any mishap that may have occurred during your stay with us. A possible reason for no service in the room could have been a "Do Not Disturb" sign; when housekeeping staff comes to this on the door, they will disregard service until the next morning. Rooms are cleaned daily, unless a "DND" is present. Thank you for staying with us, & we hope you give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels