“Great Suites!”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Bakersfield, CA
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here last week and I really loved the layout of the room the inside was actually modern looking and it had a separate living room which I loved because I traveled with children. They served complimentary breakfast and the waffles were delicious you get to make them yourself. The area was great and convenient because it's right next to a mall. The front desk was very friendly I would definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: Ask for the king Suites
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Found this hotel in aaa book the rate we paid for this room was great the room was a 2 room suite very clean and comfortable!!!! The front desk staff was very kind and helpful the free breakfast they serve in the morning was terrific.... Will definatly be coming back soon;)

Room Tip: Second floor was Extreamly quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I got a room here and was told all the second floor rooms had been remodeled. I got a room on the second floor went up and got settled. The carpets were old, the wallpaper and bathrooms were very dated - so im not sure what they "remodeled". After about 30 minutes I went to turn on the heater and notices a soft spot above the heater. The back side of the wallpaper was covered in mold, which I'm allergic to and is a health hazard. I left the hotel, after looking at some other rooms which all had potential mold problems. They refused to refund my money, even though I didn't stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We searched for a decent hotel & finally found this hotel. The rooms we're clean & surprisingly modern looking inside. Breakfast is included & location was excellent. We we're pleasantly surprised that the room had mini fridge, microwave, & coffee maker. You can find that @ the price we paid . Five stars! Will be coming back soon.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MikeyHy
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I love this place. I haven't stayed anywhere else in bakersfield since here! It's just off 99 fwy, mall adjacent, and is a nicely tucked away, quiet little haven. It's an older motel, but well maintained by the couple that own it, which also adds to the comfy "mom n pop" atmosphere.This place has something for everyone: Clean pool and spa, huge complimentary breakfast, helpful and friendly staff, Jacuzzi suites, conference room for business meetings and cute studio apartment rooms equipped with a kitchen area (fridge, sink, counter, microwave), living room (couch, tv, coffee table, desk and chair) and shuttered doors separate bathroom and comfortable bedroom. The windows have a pop out nook that adds to the rooms' homey charm. It's quiet, clean, and unlike most Bakersfield motels, there are no "shady" individuals hanging around. The dining area is beautiful, with local news already on the large flat screen when you enter. . The breakfast is more than plentiful and includes Belgium waffles and fresh fruit, among other goodies. Pretty flowers border the walls and fill the entrance. other amenities include pay laundry, vending machines inside and out with snacks and drinks, cable, free wifi, and fresh brewed coffee all day in the lobby. I practically never have a need to leave! there are restaurants, mall, movie theater and stores all within walking distance.Parking is plentiful, and security cameras are too, ensuring safety of guests.They have pet rooms, with a small deposit. I was surprised at the fair pricing, as I have stayed many places that cost more but accommodated less. .

Room Tip: ask for the regular old room, if you don't opt for the spa suite. they are the ones set up like...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here it's located right by the town mall, so we we're able to walk, which was very Convient. The staff was friendly and helpful and we rented a jacuzzi room which was very nice, and priced right.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Richelle81
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel has bedbugs and roaches. I stayed for one night and found a bedbug on the shirt I was sleeping in and roaches in my left overs in the mini fridge. I tried to bring it up quietly to the front desk that they may have a pest control problem and should look into it right away and she proceeded to laugh at me and told me I was lying to her. When I asked for a refund she told me no, when I asked to speak with the manager she again told me no. The Health Department is gunna have fun here!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business