“Very Good Food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I took a large party of 14 people to this restaurant and while the restaurant was busy they seated us in about 5 minutes. The service was surprisingly good for our size party and the food was excellent. Order the shrimp appetizer it is unreal... The Apple Pie dessert is fantastic. I had the Joe's steak well done with Rice Pilaf and it was cooked perfectly. I have eaten at 3 different Tahoe Joe's and have had a very consistent experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I should have known we were in trouble when I asked our waitress what the house chardonnay was. She opened the menu and pointed to the line that said "House Chardonnay", I said I see that, but what is it, you know, like who makes it. She ran off to the bar to find out. When she came back and gave me the name of the winemaker, we moved on to dinner questions.
I asked if they had rare prime rib, and she said "We have a button for it". I asked, but do you have any rare prime rib and she said "They can make it rare", well sugar, they've already made it, as it cooks for most of the day. She went off to find out and a manager came over to try to field my very unusual question.....Needless to say it went down from there. The salad was nothing more than iceberg lettuce with a couple small pieces of tomato and a couple of croutons. The extra rare prime rib I ordered was medium rare at best. The great big potato was not cooked enough. I had always been curious about this chain as we don't have them where I live, and now I know. Outback is twenty times better and their servers are not just a bunch of young "Barbie" type airheads. I won't be back.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants for the food and the cheesecake is the best I've ever had. The service however does not match. The bar patio seems perpetually understaffed. Once your food hits your table, you will need to tackle a server to get more assistance or your bill. Our server went on break (or left) and didn't say a word and neither did her replacement.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I joined my son-in-law for lunch here - his choice as it was close to his office. Tahoe Joe's is located in the Marketplace shopping center on Ming Ave in SW Bakersfield - plenty of parking! I got there promptly at noon and was quickly seated by a chirpy young lady. Although the restaurant was virtually full at that time, which told me this was a popular dining venue, a waitress arrived promptly and took our orders.

We were quickly served with our drinks and soon afterward our meals arrived. I opted for the pulled pork sandwich and my son-in-law ordered the chicken avocado sandwich. My plate came with French Fries and a delicious cup of baked beans. The sandwich was stuffed with pork and dried onion rings on a dark bread. It was excellent!

The price points were under $10.00 and very good value. I will definitely return!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

They always have the best aged beef. Service is always good. Atmosphere is terrific.. We don't think they take reservations, but the wait is always tolerable. The cheesecake dessert is the best I have ever eaten. My wife and I think it is in the top 5 restaurants in town.