“Probably the most cosmopolitan bar in Bakersfield”
Review of Brimstone Bar

Brimstone Bar
Ranked #115 of 828 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American
San Francisco, CA
“Probably the most cosmopolitan bar in Bakersfield”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been here for drinks and appetizers several times. There are specials on certain nights which is a good deal for dinner (which you can eat in the bar area). This is the most upscale and cosmopolitan bar I've been to in Bakersfield, in terms of ambiance, so it gets crowded and tables are not always available.

• Visited July 2012

Bakersfield, California
“Really hard to get a seat on a weeknight”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lots of people meeting and greeting after work. In the Padre Hotel, so take advantage of the valet parking! Nice drinks, really fun appetizers.

Visited August 2012
Houston, TX
“Best BLT...”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stopped here for lunch while passing through Bakersfield. The Prado Hotel interior is beautiful Victorian architecture. Brimstone, off the lobby, is wood, marble, and glass. The hotel is worth a look, even if you don't eat at Brimstone.

Ordered the Bacon-Lettuce-and Fried Green Tomato sandwich with fries. Overall, the service was a little slow, but the wait staff was very courteous. The BLFGT sounded interesting so I thought I would try it. It was delicious!

• Visited August 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Yummy but slow”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have eaten here several times, for lunch, dinner, and late night drinks and appetizers. I have even ordered the food to go! I will say that over the years their menu has changed and I have been disappointed to see some of my favorites removed or moved to the lunch only menu. But, the food is delicious no matter what you choose! The drinks are large and well-priced and STRONG each time I order them. They do not do blended drinks (at least not when we have tried to order them) but they always have something fun on the menu that I like to try. My only complaint is that the service is painfully slow. It seems to be a trend at this hotel sadly. I keep returning for the food and the atmosphere, but the service is certainly not something I brag about when I tell people to come here.

Visited March 2012
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Bad service!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Place is busy ... Not our fault. Server came to our table and asked for one of our chairs. Ok but you should say I will be right back or I'll send someone over. Nothing! We sat for 5 minutes then a couple of servers came to the table. The one server drop a couple of menus and said to the other you can take their drink order. At that point I took out my phone for this review.

1 Thank Cbeefoodie