“Don't do it”

Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Rocklin, California
“Don't do it”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Don't let the outside full you! If you need an elevator forget it. Wall paper pealing off the wall, mold in the shower, water stains in the ceiling. Hot water forget it. Towels ... If you held them up at night you could see the moon. Bed ... Top sheet only, no skirt, and you had to ask yourself if they really changed the sheets before you.

If this were a kennel, I would not board my dog there!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here lastnight (12/21) and If im ever around this area I would definitely NOT stay here. Everything was bad the only good thing was their full breakfast. The rooms were very outdated, the matresses, cabinets, and walls were practically falling apart. There were even stains on the sheets! This hotel does not look as advertised on their website. They also charge a $3.50 resort fee?! They should have mentioned that when I booked, not when I arrived. Staff wasnt too friendly! I would not recommend this to anybody!!

• Stayed December 2013

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way through to Vegas to break the trip. The staff were friendly enough, the room was pretty big and the beds were comfortable, but... Everything was tired and run down, rusty shower head, dripping taps, heating that had a horrible odour of tobacco (in a non smoking room), and the laundry was out of order, and had been for quite some time from the look of it.

Wouldn't return again.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Highwaymaned
Brisbane
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little gen, we used it as a night stop over point . The price was great, room was clean had a laundromat ( which only cost us $8.00) and we left with lovely clean clothes. Also they offered continental breakfast and waffles a huge hit with the kids.

It is just off the freeway and just as easy to jump back on so a great little find!!!

Room we had was nice and quiet and the pool is amazing so great for a quick stop over!

Thanks Rosendale

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Melissa D
Davis, California
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is my second review. First review was for the staff and giving a shout out about how nice it was to talk by phone with friendly, efficient and professional people. While we were not able to make the trip at the last moment, I still wanted to compliment the staff online.

Second review: On the road back from Pismo thought we'd visit Bakersfield to visit relatives. Last minute idea. Drove into Bakersfield late afternoon and used the "Hotel Tonight" app and Hotel Rosedale popped up. Remembered how nice the staff had been previously so I called and once again, reached someone at the front desk who made the reservation process so easy and fast. "Marina" was nice, efficient and professional It takes so much stress off of one when you need a room fast and end up working with a great person. Thanks! Marina. Checked into the hotel and realized it was the former Red Lion Inn. Hotel Rosedale looks all spruced up. The fresh paint on the outside and beautiful grounds was nice to drive up to. Check in was painless and we were able to meet Marina who was still there working with "Jackie". Both women were smiling when we entered and as nice as could be. Such a nice feeling when you are tired and just want to get to your room. Thanks, Ladies. Room was nice. Beautiful balcony, big too, with two chairs overlooking the grounds/pool. Wish we could have had more time to just sit and have a glass of wine but had to meet relatives. Small refrigerator, microwave...nice touch. Lots of pillows. WONDERFUL bed. King and very comfortable. We have no complaints. Nice place, great staff and we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: If you cannot walk up a short flight of stairs (no elevators), call early and request a ground floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UCDavisTraveler
Escondido, California, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I purchased my room through HOTWIRE. Hotwire sold me the room and told me that it did not include "incidentals."

When I checked in, they asked for a credit card for "incidentals." At no time did they tell me that they were going to charge me a "Resort Fee" on my credit card.

When I found the extra charge on my statement, I called to complain. They blamed Hotwire for not telling me of the additional charge, that "We always charge. It is a per night fee."

I double-checked my email confirmation with Hotwire and noted that at no time did they tell me that there was a resort fee or extra parking fee or anything.

when I called Hotwire, they looked up the hotel and noted that "This Hotel does not show that they charge a Resort Fee." they added, "They should have told you when you checked in that they were going to charge you the extra fee."

Yeah, right. As if after I arrived at my hotel, after having PREPAID for the room, I was going to walk out the door over a 10% increase!

This Hotel knows full well that their prepaid customer has committed to staying in their hotel thinking they are going to be paying one price, when in fact, the actual price will be higher. They are actively colluding with Hotwire to deceive customers into thinking they are paying less than they actually are.

I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ed_HaleIII
Whittier, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here after a long drive, very dated, bed was sub-standard, pillows gave me a neck ache. And last I checked "DO NOT DISTURB" meant DO NOT DISTURB!....I was rudely woke up by housekeeping at 8:00am by LOUD Banging on my door, I still had 4 hours till check out, the do not disturb sign has 5 different languages on it, I can see this person had no knowledge of any of the 5 choices! I will Never stay at this hotel again! The bathroom door had water damage and mold, someone needs to do repairs.

Room Tip: Only stay here if Desperate!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business