Quality Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$90
$93
$146
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbuck owensin room coffeeroad tripyogurtrefrigcalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2014

When driving from Sedona AZ to Sacramento CA, we are just too darned old to do the whole thirteen hours so we need a stopover. Bakersfield is a little better that halfway and makes a handy place to stop for the night. This Quality Inn is very nice. Friendly staff, typical motel room and clean. Easy access to the freeway. Good buffet breakfast. Oh, and a beautiful swimming pool. We would stay here again. The price is certainly right!!

Room Tip: Book a room facing the pool.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I'm a little peeved. The internet was down and they had no idea when it would be fixed, there was caution tape all over the courtyard and a grapefruit tree had fallen leaving grapefruit all over the courtyard.
This hotel charges yo a $100 deposit that takes up to 5 days to be credited back to your account.
Breakfast was not stocked very well and there were many tables with food and dirty dishes. Food was ok otherwise
Room was comfy and clean. Staff was friendly. But I really needed internet to complete my work at the end of a long day driving and the deposit being held for 5 days is unacceptable

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in July 2014. It was a night stop over before we continued driving to our destination. The hotel location is next to this dark club and a industrial area. The staff are nice and the hotel looks old from outside. Once you open the door to the room it is very nice. The bathtub was very greesy and not clean and very small. You have to go to next door dark black club for basic no waffle breakfast. People at breakfast are nice but there is not much breakfast there compare to other choice hotels. It is a hotel close to highway so this is the reason we stayed there. Make sure to return the key our you pay $2.

Room Tip: Try to check in before dark just so you feel more safe!
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel was a glorious end to a long, long day of driving from Lordsburg, NM to Bakersfield, CA, almost 16 Hours! It was a welcome site to come to an immaculate room and a nice firm, comfortable bed! The staff was great and catered to our every need! Will stay here on the way back home!

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room overlooking the pool. Pool shuts down at 10 and you can hear a pin drop.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I usually always read reviews before booking, but I must have missed this one. The only good thing I can say about this is that the check-in process went well and the man on duty was very friendly. Other than that, ugh. The room smelled - not sure of what but it was not pleasant. We walked over to the "restaurant" next door and it was dark, very loud, and only 2 patrons at the bar. The owner seemed very pleasant, but not a good place to bring a child for dinner. Location is not great. All the other hotels are about a mile down the road in a much better area.

We found a Comfort Inn & Suites a mile down the road which was wonderful - Everything this place was not - and we stayed there. I didn't complain because it was my own fault for not doing more research. I left my keys by the television and figured that was that.

I got home and looked at my statement and there was an additional $2.00 charge on it. I called to see what I possibly could have been charged for - walking in and out of the door? The very unpleasant person at the front desk said it was because the keys were not returned to the front desk as I had to have known since it would have been explained when I checked in. I said it wasn't and he said I signed something agreeing to it. Well, maybe I did, but to be honest, after driving for 7 hours I don't always read all the fine print on a hotel sign-in sheet. Again, my fault, I guess, but he was extremely obnoxious about it.

So ... if you decide to stay here, make sure you return the keys and take room deodorizer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank needavacationplanned
razorrus, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Our hotel considers your feedback extremely valuable. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. None of our guests should be treated rudely, it is unacceptable, and this matter will certainly be addressed.

We are currently in the midst of a variety of changes to improve our guests' experience on every platform. Your feedback will certainly help us get better and we will. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If at any point you wish to give us another opportunity to win your business and loyalty, please feel free to email me directly at: ruswalia@qualityinnbakerfield.com. I assure you that your future visit will exceed your expectations.

Rus Walia