“Great varity of quality foods”

The Belvedere in The Padre Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere in The Padre Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 849 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had steak, one night, fish the next then a hamburger...all equally as good. They have a strong wine list as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Padre and after a long drive didn't feel like exploring the area for a place to dine. We decided to to have dinner at the bar, but it was too noisy, so went into the Belvedere. It was amazing, service was great and attentive without being intrusive, quiet with lovely music playing. I ordered the steak with fig and port sauce, divine. It was the best sauce I've ever had on a steak -- it was perfection. My husband ordered the lamb tangine -- the best outside of Moroccoo that we've had. It came in a tangine pot and when the lid was removed, the aroma made one swoon with delight. Its a bit on the pricey side, but for the quality of the food and the service, well worth it. The next time we head south, Bakersfield will definitely be on our route.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yes, really!!! Bakersfield is now one of my favorite work destinations, thanks to The Padre Hotel and its Belvedere Room restaurant. I never expected this level of quality of food or service when I started working in Bakersfield. No knock to the Bakersfield local flair in any way, but frankly, this is the quality of restaurant one would experience in New York City, New Orleans, or other geographical mecca of fine dining...typically under the supervision of a renown chef. How fortunate to have such a nice, trendy spot in Bakersfield! Speaking of New Orleans, the Belvedere Room serves in the manner of fine restaurants in N.O., where everyone at the table is served simultaneously. I was eating alone, but watched as other groups were consistently served in this manner - very classy. The waiters were attentive and professional. Each time I dined, they made the dining experience relaxing, delightful, and special. Now the food...in addition to being delicious, it was prepared artfully, and by that I mean it was beautifully plated and thoughtfully constructed both visually and from a taste perspective. Even the little build-your-own salad was plated in a lovely manner. In regard to the mains, I've had the filet with blue cheese, the steamed manilla clams (with plenty of spicey broth and bread for dipping - YUM!), the salmon with artichokes and favas, and the wild boar bolognese. Each meal was an absolute treat - I loved them all. That said, the clams, in particular, were my favorite. They are actually an appetizer, but plenty big for an entire meal. The meals are more on the upper end of the price range, at about $30-$35 a dish, but worth every cent based on the quality. The clams were an amazing value at $12. I would encourage even the most discerning foodie to try the Belvedere Room. It's a little gem, and I can't wait to go back and try the halibut with squash blossoms. Thanks Belvedere chef and staff for making my Bakersfield visits so enjoyable! CJ

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I dined when they first opened so I was a bit nervous. I ordered the filet with asparagus, OMG! The filet was so tender and flavorful and asparagus grilled right at al dente. It was the best meal I'd had outside of my own kitchen in a long time. Excellent service to add!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have come here on two occasions and loved every second of it. This is the one restaurant in The Padre where you receive AMAZING service. Our waiters were attentive without being over bearing. I had the Mahi Mahi both times, and it was insanely delicious. I love that there is a gorgeous restaurant in town that is classy and makes you feel like you are in an upscale restaurant in New York or Los Angeles. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to celebrate a special evening.