“It's better than sleeping in your car!!”

Howard Johnson Inn - Bakersfield
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed there on a business trip, and this is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at! The rooms are dirty, maid service us very sporadic and what they call the 'free continental breakfast' is way from continental.

• Stayed: July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellinCritic
hojobakersfield, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Never again!! They failed to inform me that 9 Harley Davidson Biker Clubs had the hotel booked for the weekend. They placed me in a room that was right in the middle of the groups. At one point after the women finished fighting (1:30 am) we were surrounded by police. When I asked to be moved so We could get some sleep, they conveniently had No other rooms available. Then at 4 am the guys started up. The room was dirty, the curtains looked like they had been in the parking lot with the bikes. The room had peeling wallpaper, even bare spots. I was afraid to even look closely at the carpet. This was the worst hotel visit ever and never again will I choose Howard Johnsons for anything. I was offered a discount on my next visit..How Nice..guess what there will never be a next visit so you can "keep' your offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie J

We regret that you were not satisfied with your stay. We understand your frustration with the noisy group adjacent to your room and that is why we offered you a discount on your next visit as it seemed that the only concern you had at check out was the noise. We would not have put you there but, that weekend we were fully booked and did not have another room to give you. If you do give us another chance, please contact me so that I can work something out for you. We do want to take care of each one of our guests

Reviewed July 15, 2013

1st off. We arrived to a room that smelled quite rank, then we figured "ok it an old building" we then went to bed. Upon weakening we found black stained sheets, my wife wears no black makeup, and no we didn't notice it prior. I tried to turn on the TV, it had no channels so I looked behind it and found the cable was disconnected. But as well I found a condom behind the tv as well.
To sum it up, there is no way on earth we will ever step foot in one of your hotels again.
George Davies

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank George D

Mr. Davies, we apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. The details of your comments are not satisfactory to us either. I will personally review this with my staff.

Reviewed July 14, 2013