“comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Westminster, California
“comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

the hotel personnel were very friendly and very helpful. i have been going to this same hotel for the pass couple of years. every time i visit Bakersfield, i stay at this hotel. because of the value and the service, i will continue to stay at this Howard Johson . my email address is elizabethpyun@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank elizabeth p
hojobakersfield, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Elizabeth

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn for your recent stay in Bakersfield ,Ca
We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guest' satisfaction is our main priority.
It is very important for us that our guest' experiences are shared.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
We would like to take the opportunity to
Ariana Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ivins, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We just needed a clean room for the night and Bakersfield was all booked up due to the NHRA Vintage Nationals and some other event. The M6 was full and Howard Johnson's was across the street and didn't look like much, but I called and they had a room. When I told them I'd be there in 5 minutes they didn't require a CC to hold the room for us, which was nice.

I was pleasantly surprised by the freshly cleaned room and comfortable king sized bed. The hotel is right next to busy White Lane and the Freeway, but we never heard traffic noise or sirens during our night due to the nicely insulated rooms. Especially of note since we were on the second floor and closer to the level of the road as it rises for the over pass.

Great staff, polite and competent. Quickly checked us in and gave us the necessary info.

The ice machine is in the laundry room at the back of the hotel and the soda machine is in front of the hotel, but otherwise no issues. A step up from the M6, but not expensive. We would stay here again w/o hesitation.

Morning continental breakfast started later than we were departing, but they had pastry and some other items out early.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Eric V
Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn Bakersfield.
I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our Location
Thank you for sharing your experience with your friends and other's
On Trip Advisor.
Please contact me for your next visit to Bakersfield, Ca
Ariana Sanchez
(661) 396-1425 ext 102
Morro Bay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have occasion to stay in Bakersfield to play golf about twice a month, The staff there has always been extremely accommodating and pleasant. the rooms are always very clean and well maintained.The staff has always gone out of their way to help me with any special requests such as room selection. The beds are very comfortable, and the free breakfast foods have a good selection. I will always stay here, and highly recommend this Howard Johnson facility to any travelers needing a clean and quiet place to rest up.I can't say enough for the friendly and very helpful staff. Although there is no restaurant on the premises, there are many good ones within a block .

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side are the quietest, although no side is bad.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Frank L
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

first off i would to say is arianna sanchez and staff are the best.my room is always clean and ready for me.i have been using this hotel for 5 years and i have never had any problems my check in time is fast and prompt and the girls are always in a great mood.i will continue to use this hotel because they treat you like a friend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank steve w
BakersfieldHojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this positive review. I’m glad that you have enjoyed the remodeled rooms and upgraded breakfast that we’ve offered in the last couple of years. I’m also happy to know that my staff is taking good care of you. We hope to see you again soon. - Ariana Sanchez, General Manager
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have been going to Bakersfield, Ca. for a couple of years already and have always stayed at the Howard Johnson's Hotel and I must comment that my experience with this property has always been good as far a s the staff, cleanliness and personal attention that I receive.
I will keep on staying at this property every time that I come down to this city for business.
I am also a member of your Windham points program and already have around 12,000 points accumulated, all of them have been from this hotel.
Victor M. Castaneda

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Victor C
BakersfieldHojo, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this positive review. I’m glad to learn that the Wyndham Rewards program is working out well for you. We look forward to serving you again on your return visit. - Ariana Sanchez, GM
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I stay overnight in Bakersfield about once every two months as a rest stop on a longer drive. This was our first stay at the Howard Johnson, and we were very happy with our choice. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was large and clean, and had all of the amenities we hoped for such as a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and hair dryer. We found the bed very comfortable, and I especially liked the pillows which were weighty, not those stiff cheap foam ones that some motels provide.

The motel is located directly off Highway 99 so it's easy to find, but we never heard any traffic noises from our room. There's also a Taco Bell, McD and Denny's all located right next door for convenient eating. The motel also has an outdoor pool open till 11pm, which is a very nice way to unwind after a long day of driving in hot weather.

Overall, the price was extremely right and we felt like we got good value for our money. We will be back to stay for sure.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Raccoonteur
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this positive review. I’m glad that you are satisfied with your first visit and that you have indicated that “you’ll be back”. If you are planning another trip to Bakersfield, you may call us in advance so that we can reserve your “favorite” room for you and take care of any special requests. We look forward to serving you soon. - Ariana Sanchez, GM
Live Oak, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

We arrived at howard johnson hotel at about 10:00p.m and were only staying one night. The room appeared okay until I saw the ants in the bathroom. We had just driven 5 hours so I thought ok I can live with a little ants, we are out of here in the morning. I read several reviews advising people not to stay here but a lot of them were from many years ago. I should have listened, Im a registered nurse and sure enough my 7 year old son ended up with scabies. the rash started our first day of our disneyland trip and at first I thought I was just being paranoid. The rash spread and now my poor son has bites all over his body. I never write reviews but I thought it was important to share this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nurse02
We apologize for the less than satisfactory experience. In the future, if you have this type of issue in any hotels, please contact the front desk immediately. Our front desk is open 24 hours and we would have liked the opportunity to upgrade you to a more comfortable room. On your next visit to Bakersfield, I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business again by personally checking the room on your arrival date to make sure everything is satisfactory. Please call me directly for your next booking so that I can address any concerns. - Ariana Sanchez, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels