“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The Red Pepper is a gem tucked away in East Bakersfield and well worth the trip. Extensive menu covers traditional mexican food as well as gourmet dishes with a Latin flair. Excellent wine pairings. Special wine dinners on occasion.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Large menu with lots of selections including fish and chicken dishes. Hubby had chicken fajitas and I had cheese rellano. both very good and good special guacamole.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I love this restaurant. We have never had a problem with the service. It has always been pleasant and prompt.

The food is amazing. The walnut crusted mahi mahi, macadamia crusted sea bass, rack of lamb, steak dinner, etc. are all fabulous! Chef Gilbert is one of the best in town. I also enjoy the traditional Mexican dishes, but when we dine here I don't pass up on the fine dining choices that are available. Absolutely delicious!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went there recently with a small group. Arrived 5 minutes later than others. Waitress saw me, but ignored me. I had to get up and ask for service. I ordered a nightly special - Sea Bass for $25.00. It came with a small salad. The entree was two small squares of frozen fish - breaded and deep fried. Served over soggy, limp chunks of something (potatoes, maybe). If I want deep fried squares of fish, I'll go to Long John Silver's. Flavor was very "fishy". I have eaten Sea Bass in many restaurants, and know that it is a delicate fish and should NOT be breaded and deep fried like cod. I don't know how people can rave about this place!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Gilbert is the best chef in town. His seafood preparations will blow you away with subtle flavors. No TexMex food here; just gourmet dining. Weak wine list: Bring your own.

1  Thank Vincent P