“No thank you!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Original Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #489 of 816 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find peanuts served in buckets and peanut shells on the floor. Country music, classic rock and blues can be heard coming out of our jukebox. Bring in the whole family and crew in for a fun and delicious experience at an All American Steakhouse. Our signature rolls and mouth watering food cooked on our open-flame grill will keep you coming back for more.
Los Angeles, California
“No thank you!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Turned off by the nut shells every where. No thank you! I thought the ambiance was cute at first but it's very unsanitary. I think I heard someone say they don't allow that anymore. I hope so!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank LolaSkye

Bakersfield, California
“Do not go here!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My friend and I ordered salads and sandwiches. When the salads came, they were not how we ordered them. We asked the waiter if he could take them back and he told us he could but he just might put something disgusting in them before he brought them back. He said specifically what he would put in them but I don't want to write it here. We were horrified. We said we would be leaving. The manager asked if he could do anything and we said no that we weren't comfortable staying. I followed up with a letter to corporate headquarters that was apparently ignored

Visited July 2012
1 Thank barbie47
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Huge portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was a pleasent surprise. Eat some saltd peanuts and just toss them on the floor. Had tri-tip, my wife had NY steak. We both enjoyed a sweet potato. They served bread prior to dinner, with whipped honey butter. We were so full we couldnt possibly eat desert. Wile it was not fine dining, the food and service were very good. Wish we could find a place like this close to home.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tajee
Irvine, California
“Fun place with good food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was a fun place and I'm a little surprised by some of the more critical reviews. Kids will like the peanuts at the table and they'll love that can leave the shells on the floor. (Warning to people with peanut allergies.) The pot roast, which was a special, was just ok and the "steamed" broccoli was way overcooked. However, the tri-tip was really, really, really good. (I can overlook a lot of things for good tri-tip.)

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Irvine_TSH
“Good food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on my way home from a road trip. I love the Roadhouse near my house, so I decided to go to this one. First we waited a full 2 minutes for anyone to acknowledge that we were waiting to be seated. When someone finally came by, we were told they would be right with us. Where was the hostess?? The place was barely half full on a Sunday at noon, yet we're told we have to wait 10 minutes! So we opted for the bar ( also dead) and ordered a salad, 2 bowls of soup, and Texas egg rolls. We get our salad and soup and right when were done, the bartender finally comes out with a sampler instead of our egg rolls. So we tell him that's not what we ordered and never mind because we don't want to wait. He gives us the sampler which we figured was a good measure for screwing up. Then he offers a free beer to make up for screwing up. Cool, right? No. He was confused thinking we wanted to keep the sampler and added it to our bill! $13.49! And we didn't even eat anything but 2 of the egg rolls! So he gets the manager to take it off BUT then charges us for the FREE BEER HE OFFERED!!

Bad experience. I will never return to that restaraunt. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to eat

• 1 of 5 bubbles