“Best Chinese food around!”

Great Castle Restaurant
Ranked #319 of 837 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Local Chinese restaurant for over 30 years on Union Avenue, Bakersfield. Great food and better Mai Tai's!!!
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Great Castle has the best Chinese food around! Try the pot stickers, Kung Pao shrimp, tangerine beef, house special squid, won ton soup, hot spicy shredded pork, walnut chicken... So many good dishes.

1  Thank MJM468
There are newer reviews for Great Castle Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Busy Saturday night, but the staff was attentive, efficient and nice. I ordered a shrimp dish but wanted more veggies. No problem! They obviously use lots of fresh ripe food to bring out the flavor instead of msg and salt. Many choices on the menu and the place is busy enough to support them. Will definitely go here on the next trip to Bakersfield. Best Chinese food I've had in America!

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious I would go back again in fact I think this is out new Chinese place to go to, but the only thing I did not like was the receipt was in Chinese so we don't know if they charge for gratuity or not our bill came outt to $158 but it was well worth it.food was delicious even my baby loved it , also the waiter was nice, we left him a tip so dinner came out to $190 but it was 8 of us soooo well worth it

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great Castle is a step above your typical Chinese restuarant. there is always something deliciosu cooking here. I am a big hot and sour soup fan, and I love theirs. Mostly everything else is good. One big surprise for me is their seafood, which is always fresh and yummy. I hesitate to even try seafood at most Chinese restaurants. They have a seafood soupo that is generously packed with all kinds of treasures from the sea, but watch out--it's spicy!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Family style serving with plenty left over for breakfast the next morning. "Their" family all works their butt off to make sure that "Your" family has a great meal and wonderful night-out experience. The parking lot is patrolled by on-site security which is comforting. I am glad we chose the Great Castle it reminded me of eating at Chinese Restaurants of the 1950's,