WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58

Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58
Ranked #6 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Atascadero, United States
“We've never been disappointed with Hamptons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We valued the excellent facility and fine staff who were prompt and thoughtful. The room was very quiet, the beds were great as always, and the breakfast was definitely an added value for us. Since the Highway 58 Hampton in Bakersfield is close to Hillcrest Mortuary and we were in town for a funeral, this was an excellent choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Richard C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Over all our room was good value but the front desk staff was limited and not particularly well trained. We had no idea how close it was to the railway tracks which is a negative if a light sleeper. The other issue we had was with children running in the hall well after midnight and even wondered if they were the children of an employee? The room was clean, well appointed and large, however, given the noise factor we will likely find another place in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank putterdude
Lancaster, CA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend model airplane contest in the area, very nice hotel! The rooms were quite nice and the hotel was extremely quiet. The breakfast area is a step up from most hotels in this class, but the food was pretty average for what you'd expect (the usual eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, waffle maker, etc). The first morning the breakfast had some small cheesy omelettes that were overcooked and dry (even the cheese was dry), however the maple smoked sausage was absolutely fabulous! Other than that our visit was uneventful, which is pretty much what you want, Lol.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Wilsonville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great location, easy access. No problem with late check-in. Staff very helpful, room in excellent condition and great beds after a long day driving. Location has a good number of gas stations and restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Steven A
Northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a confirmed reservation with this hotel, which was made far in advance. On the day of my stay, just prior to check-in time, I received a voicemail measage from the General Manager stating 'I am calling to notify you that your reservation has been canceled; we no longer have a reservation for you. We are over sold by 15 rooms and the owner wants 15 reservations canceled, so your was canceled'.
The message was apathetic. There was no sincere apology, no offer to put us up somewhere else nor any offering for the inconvenience created by their inept and unsatisfactory handling of their business.
This cancellation, at the last minute, on a busy, sold-out weekend in Bakersfield created hardship to my family as this reservation was made for my parents, who are senior citizens, and who traveled several hours for their get-away weekend.
What a stressful time! Thankfully, my parents were not out on the street as I was finally able to secure a room elsewhere, after several hours of calling around and waiting for potential cancellations at other hotels. Of course my new reservation was at more than double the early, advanced reservation rate I originally had, but I am very thankful my parents had a place. And, they were treated superbly by the hotel staff at the Holiday Inn Express on Hughes Lane!!

Someday maybe this apathetic staff will learn how to properly handle their business and their customers.

Stayed October 2013
4 Thank SuzDunlap
guadalupe a, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate you during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to accommodate 100% of our guests but overbooking situations can happen. Please accept our apology for the unfortunate circumstances. I hope the next time you are in the area you will give us a chance to provide accommodations for you This is absolutely not the service we strive to provide here at the Hampton inn & suites Please accept our sincere apologies.

Guadalupe Asencio
Concord, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Hampton is generally consistent and true to the brand. I stayed here for one night using Hilton Honors points. I had a top floor King Studio Suite on the west side nearest the freeway. A couple of things I didn't like - towels were fewer than usual, hot water took a long time to get when running the faucet, and the smart a/c shut off when I was out resulting in a very warm room when I returned. Nevertheless, the room was clean, spacious, and in good condition. The bed was very comfortable, though perhaps a little on the soft side for my taste. The TV was proportionately too small for the room and the channel selection was very average. The internet was unacceptably slow, I mean AOL dial-up slow. Hilton needs to pay attention to this, ditch AT&T, and do better than speeds 1/50th of what I get at home. I had no chance of streaming anything from Hulu or Netflix. Basic e-mail is about all the internet connection was good for. Freeway noise was pronounced, especially during morning rush hour. Train horns and track noise could be heard all night. Light sleepers will need a little white noise or earplugs. There is no shopping or dining right nearby except a Dennys. The plus for this hotel is that it is a good value with easy freeway access on the east side of Bakersfield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank southwest_traveller9
guadalupe a, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I first off would like to thank you for your feedback on our Hampton Inn & Suites, We truly value feedback from our guests because it allows us the opportunity to grow and ensure we deliver Quality service to all of our guests.

Now that we have heard from you, I can ensure you; we will take corrective action and prevent situations of this nature to be avoided for our next guests. Thank you sincerely for your feedback. Hampton Inn & Suites appreciates you for choosing us for your stay and welcomes you back to see our improvements. It is our goal to deliver outstanding service and quality for our hotel. Overall I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Guadalupe Asencio
Assistant Manager
Hampton Inn & Suites
guadalupe.asencio@hilton.com
6613219424
Roseville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

3 days after my vacation ended and I am STILL flabbergasted at how i was treated at this hotel. I booked a room months in advance at a special rate and on the day of check in at check in time (3pm) I was called and told i had no reservation, the hotel was oversold and the owner said "cancel 15 reservations", so mine was cancelled. I was told by the front desk that "I had no reservation at their hotel at this time". I was never asked if i wanted to pay full rate, was not offered a "walk", not even offered to be relocated at HILTONS expense to another hotel...just KICKED TO THE CURB. Hilton works really hard to maintain an exceptional rapport with their clientele and other "special" guests which is why this is such a disappointment. I guess the word "guaranteed" in the statement "Your room is guaranteed" is a complete lie. This hotel owner and his employees should be utterly ashamed of themselves for the way they handled this situation. Thank God the Holiday Inn Express was there to assist me with finding another room otherwise My wife and I would have been on the street for the weekend.

Room Tip: Be aware, what looks good on the outside, does not necessarily reflect what it is like on the inside...