I had a confirmed reservation with this hotel, which was made far in advance. On the day of my stay, just prior to check-in time, I received a voicemail measage from the General Manager stating 'I am calling to notify you that your reservation has been canceled; we no longer have a reservation for you. We are over sold by 15 rooms and the owner wants 15 reservations canceled, so your was canceled'.
The message was apathetic. There was no sincere apology, no offer to put us up somewhere else nor any offering for the inconvenience created by their inept and unsatisfactory handling of their business.
This cancellation, at the last minute, on a busy, sold-out weekend in Bakersfield created hardship to my family as this reservation was made for my parents, who are senior citizens, and who traveled several hours for their get-away weekend.
What a stressful time! Thankfully, my parents were not out on the street as I was finally able to secure a room elsewhere, after several hours of calling around and waiting for potential cancellations at other hotels. Of course my new reservation was at more than double the early, advanced reservation rate I originally had, but I am very thankful my parents had a place. And, they were treated superbly by the hotel staff at the Holiday Inn Express on Hughes Lane!!
Someday maybe this apathetic staff will learn how to properly handle their business and their customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brand new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is a upgraded property with outstanding service and superior accomodations. The moment you walk into the friendly open lobby of this property, you sense the unique ambiance and quality. With 64 traditional rooms and 30 spacious suites, the inn provides high-end amenities, complete with friendly staff. Our famous Cloud Nine bedding provides ultimate in comfort for a restful sleep. We are minutes from downtown and great shopping opportunities. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield prides itself on the many dining options within walking distance, including Denny's directly adjacent to the property. All suites feature a wet bar with a microwave, and refrigerator. Our Suites are enticing to families traveling or other business travelers seeking high quality. An in-room desk and complimentary high-speed Internet access are standard. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield serves a "Hot on the House" complimentary breakfast from 6 to 10 AM daily and provides on the go breakfast bags during the week. A large meeting room with space for up to 65 suitable for corporate retreats or small meetings. Of special interest are the large outdoor heated pool and spa providing a welcome break from your long day. We also feature a fitness room, a 24-hour Business Center, a 24-hour suite shop. The Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield is directly off the freeway providing excellent location to downtown or other exciting stopping points in Bakersfield. We look forward to seeing you at the all new Hampton Inn and Suites Bakersfield...we love having you here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca Hotel Bakersfield
- Hampton Inn And Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, Ca